King Tiger Plec (help)

evans_16

New Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2007
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi
I have just noticed a white worm on or in my plecs eye, what could it be and what treatment could i get?

The worm is about 3-4 mm long and i cant see a forked tail. It is also pure white.

The worm is lay around the black pupal, shaped like an half moon, but moves.

Also it is not an anchor worm.

cheers
Michael
 
Hi
I have just noticed a white worm on or in my plecs eye, what could it be and what treatment could i get?

The worm is about 3-4 mm long and i cant see a forked tail. It is also pure white.

The worm is lay around the black pupal, shaped like an half moon, but moves.

Also it is not an anchor worm.

cheers
Michael
BUMP!
 
i think u should post this in the emergency section wilder is your best person to get help with this! :good:
 
Sent him here lol as i'm not sure which type of worm it is,.
Its dosn't sound like anchor worms as it dosn't have a forked tail.
 
do u remember wilder whwn i put a thread on here with the white worms and a growth underneath emepror tetras chin with these sticking out of it well it developed with it bleeding from here .
i used kusuri wormer plus and it was totally cleared and healed within 48-72hours with one dose, i suggest this its about £7 but u only need a wee bit for smaller tanks and it is EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :good:
 
Can't remember that post can you drag it up.
 
Yes I remember that thread now.
Did the med you used clear it up fast.
 
within 48hours it had allgone and worms gone bleeding gone and totally cleared up!!!!! :good:

within 48hours it had allgone and worms gone bleeding gone and totally cleared up!!!!! :good:
amazing stuff
 
Thats good then.
Hopefully someone will know which parasite the fish has.
 
Hi guys, well I'm stuck on this one. It is the eye bit that is throwing me. Just consulted a few books in my lunch hour, and nothing sounds like what you have.
I am ashamed to say it, but ......I don't know on this one :look:

Having said that, I have more books at home than I do here at work. Nothing beats me! I will find out

Sorry

Emma
 
well I know what is, just have to find out how to treat it

Trematode or Fluke: There are two groups of flukes. Monogenetic flukes live on the external body surface and multiply on the same host. Digenetic flukes are internal fish parasites and require two or more hosts to complete their life cycle. Other hosts may include snails, clams, birds or other fish - but not man. Trematodes can be found in cysts in the flesh or other internal organs. They also can live in the eye, blood, gills and other parts of the fish.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top