Khuli Loach And Apple Snail

pixelpefekt

Fish Crazy
Joined
Mar 28, 2008
Messages
259
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Scotland - In the middle
Hi. I was planning on getting a few Khuli loaches and Apple snails but I've just read that snails shouldn't mix with loaches - does this still apply to the Khuli loach. It's such a small little fella...
 
Hi. I was planning on getting a few Khuli loaches and Apple snails but I've just read that snails shouldn't mix with loaches - does this still apply to the Khuli loach. It's such a small little fella...


Huh!!? I'm just curious as to why they should'nt mix.....I (for)see no problem with this????
 
Kuhli's should be ok. They'll eat snail eggs, but don't have a reputation for eating snails.

I've noticed other small loaches (zebras and skunks) won't mix well, though, even with big apple snails. Mine nipped at the snail's tentacles and foot until they eventually killed it.
 
Kuhli's should be ok. They'll eat snail eggs, but don't have a reputation for eating snails.

I've noticed other small loaches (zebras and skunks) won't mix well, though, even with big apple snails. Mine nipped at the snail's tentacles and foot until they eventually killed it.

Mystery snail eggs are above water level, so if that is the consideration, it's not a problem.

Kuhli's should be ok. They'll eat snail eggs, but don't have a reputation for eating snails.

I've noticed other small loaches (zebras and skunks) won't mix well, though, even with big apple snails. Mine nipped at the snail's tentacles and foot until they eventually killed it.

Mystery snail (apple) eggs are above water level, so if that is the consideration, it's not a problem.
 
Kulhi loaches are generally fine with snails. Especially since they're small compared to apple snails.

It's the botia and yasuhikotakia genus, and clown loaches that are snail eaters.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top