Juwel Heaters

The new batches seem to be poop yeah. Did yours break already?
 
lol nah not broken just doesn't seem to be able to heat the tank past 25 degrees no matter how much I turn it up!
200w seems a bit low for a 200litre tank though don't you think?
 
Well I had one break after 4 months, although I got a replacement (which I dont actually need now) and the 300W in the 400L tank, just about holds at 25c on full whack!! So yeah I dont think they work too well.
 
the day after i sold my juwel rio 240 the heater broke wasnt heating up and its wasnt that old neither
 
Mines fine and I was surprised that it keeps to the set temperature within 0.3 celcius - however the dial is nowhere near where it should be!

Is yours in the filter box or good water flow?
 
lol. they are well known for being crap. like their filters, bin them, and quick.
 
Mines fine and I was surprised that it keeps to the set temperature within 0.3 celcius - however the dial is nowhere near where it should be!

Is yours in the filter box or good water flow?

No I don't have an internal filter and have a strong current
I've just bought a Tetratec instead
I don't like the fact there's no numbers on them and you just have to play guessing games!
 
I think Juwel internal filters are as good as Fluval internals, and Fluval are the industries best (IMO) for internals. My old Record 98's filter took all the sustained abuse I threw at it when I was a new fish keeper, and trust me, that was a lot of abuse, from running dry to horrendously overstocking the tank... All fine, great mechanical and biological internal filter IMO :good:

But back on topic. You don't need the gauge on a heater, they are as good as guessing what the temperature will be anyway IME. I have a 7 year old one that still works fine, and 200W is the recommended size for a 200l tank. It's 1W of heating power to a liter of water :good: I can's speak for the new Juwel heaters though, as they have changed the design recently :nod:

All the best
Rabbut
 
That's wierd that a 200W isnt going above 25. Is your house particularly cold, or is the tank against a cold wall?

I use a 200W in my 200litre and it's maintaining my temp fin - plus the light hardly ever seems to be on so its not running half the time during the day. I think i get extra heat from th elighting unit above.
 
I think Juwel internal filters are as good as Fluval internals, All fine, great mechanical and biological internal filter IMO :good:

not really up for an argument, but even Juwel say their filters have NO mechanical filtration, aside from a white pad at the top and bottom. so its hard to see how they can do fine in that area. as stated its academic as Mel has a Tetra.

@mel you might consider an in-line heater. hydor do one that gets good reviews. even had one for a while myself.
 
I think Juwel internal filters are as good as Fluval internals, All fine, great mechanical and biological internal filter IMO :good:

not really up for an argument, but even Juwel say their filters have NO mechanical filtration, aside from a white pad at the top and bottom. so its hard to see how they can do fine in that area. as stated its academic as Mel has a Tetra.

@mel you might consider an in-line heater. hydor do one that gets good reviews. even had one for a while myself.

Oh haha sorry I meant I just bought a new Tetratec 200w heater to try!

No it's definitely not heating passed 25, so maybe it's faulty

I actually have a Tetratec EX1200 though which I've had for ages and never even tried the Juwel internal because I just don't like internal filters on big tanks, it's too much hassle for me personally to maintain an internal filter
 
mine is slowly but surely breaking, dont know whether to get a spare one just incase or just risk it.. i have lost control of the the controls :( stuck on 27 for ever
 
I think Juwel internal filters are as good as Fluval internals, All fine, great mechanical and biological internal filter IMO :good:

not really up for an argument, but even Juwel say their filters have NO mechanical filtration, aside from a white pad at the top and bottom. so its hard to see how they can do fine in that area. as stated its academic as Mel has a Tetra.

But the foam in them will work mechanically as well as floss e.t.c won't it? The white floss pad was high-maintenance, I'll say that happily, but it did seam to do a good job of catching junk. The water was always dust an floating particle free :good:

@mel you might consider an in-line heater. hydor do one that gets good reviews. even had one for a while myself.

Aye, I do like my Hydor in-line heater, good recommendation there :nod:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top