Juwel 180 Tank Lighting

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

julioarca

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a Juwel 180L tank with 2 tubes, aquaglow and sunglow, both T8 30 w tubes with Juwel reflectors.

What WPG do I have please?

If its low, what should I increase it to?

60w/ 40g = 1.5WPG

You have low - medium (1-2WPG)

It is ok for low light plants, to get a lot more of a variety upgrade to 2WPG (increase lighting by 20w)

60w/ 40g = 1.5WPG

You have low - medium (1-2WPG)

It is ok for low light plants, to get a lot more of a variety upgrade to 2WPG (increase lighting by 20w)

thanks, now I know what to increase it to.

It needs to be US gallons for wpg, so its 60/47.5 = 1.26 wpg

What do you want to grow? With the lighting you have you can grow many plants, they'll just grow slower.

My Rio 180 has 120W over it with reflectors. I can grow everything I have tried so far and low plants such as Glossostigma are carpeting very well with it. It's a new world in there once you add more lighting, my swords grew twice the size and started propergating like crazy.

My Rio 180 has 120W over it with reflectors. I can grow everything I have tried so far and low plants such as Glossostigma are carpeting very well with it. It's a new world in there once you add more lighting, my swords grew twice the size and started propergating like crazy.

I am adding lights to my new tank now. If you don't mind, could you explain what lights & fitments you have? My tank is 36" long and I'm looking at how I can get 120 watts under the lid?

I am adding lights to my new tank now. If you don't mind, could you explain what lights & fitments you have? My tank is 36" long and I'm looking at how I can get 120 watts under the lid?

I left the stock tubes in but then I also added another tube in each of the flaps so now there's four tubes in total. I have four arcadia fresh water lamps at 30W each totalling 120W. I bought a double lighting unit from eBay to power the other two tubes and attached the lights to the flaps with standard arcadia light fittings all it takes is a couple of holes drilled to fit the little plastic nut and bolt through.

Most reactions

trending

Back