Just Wondering

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Imcanadieneh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was thinking the other day, and I was wondering how much sleep if any do fish need? I was told once that fish need to have the lights turned on and off s they know when it is time to be awake and rest. Well the other day I went out and bought a timer for my light and was wondering if I needed to do that. Its no problem because it wasn't expensive and its nice not having to remember to turn it on before I go to work and come home from work. Honestly I have a jack dempsey in the tank and it hasnt changed behavior but do you think that now that hes on a normal schedule he will be healthier, like now hes getting the same amount of rest everyday....lol I know lame topic.

We usually think of timers in terms of looking after plants. The circadian rhythm of most animals and even plants is well known in the biological sciences. A regular light dark cycle definitely benefits most things, even people. The only thing to be careful about is not to put the lights on a tank too long or you will be dealing with an algae problem.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back