Just witnessed the most bizarre thing?

JobySp

Go Tuck Yourself In.
Reaction score
All the family where sat watching the Simpsons on TV, then all of a sudden everything in the Molly tank froze... Then one moved for a second and they all froze again. This went on for about 10 minutes like musical statues...

Any ideas as I have never seen this before.

I have had some of my fish freeze like that but not all at once! If I surprise my fish with bright light they will sometimes freeze in place. Sometimes for almost a minute and then move slightly and stop again. It must be some kind of defense mechanism but its still very strange.

Most interesting!! I have never seen it before with any of my fish, but i do not keep mollies.

Can thay see your TV.
Maybe thay were watching The Simpsons. :rofl:

Well yeah - of course they can see the TV, and most of them where facing that way... Perhaps Homer Simpson scared the hell out of them.

and when these bizarre things happen - there is always a digital camera lying around!

post-22-1076883235.jpg

Can you do a mini video clip? Maybe they are posing? :)

:lol: very strange :shifty: they've been hypmitised :lol: .

Is this the first time it has happened? And has it happened again since then? Just making sure that it's not some of the electrical on your tank that's shorting out and causing the fish to do this.

All seriousness aside now.... Just make sure you have "The Simpsons" on when you take a picture of your fish... you should be able to get FOTM because of the terrific quality. :D

It happened twice yesterday and is the first time that it happened.
I will keep my eye out and try and get a video clip - didn't think of that at the time - even though the camera does videos...

Fingers crossed - and lets hope it ain't electrics (don't think it is - they are about 10ft away from the tank...

Simpsons is on TV tonight at 7pm.... Wish me luck...

OK. At the request of William, I managed to get a 1 minute video clips of them doing absolutely nothing - well most of them anyway...

It's 8.5mb long - so please be patient...

SPOOKY FISH

It's called "Vogue" (Strike A Pose) - as in the song by Madonna. :)

And those Silver Mollies would look awesome in a tank with a blue background and a sand substrate with flourescent lighting from above.

Most reactions

Back