Just got my ACT results in...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Awesome! I took the ACT about 10 years ago and I scored a --> can't really remember 27-28.

As a former teacher, I do not think the ACT is the best benchmark for student success - as not everyone who is smart is a good test taker AND not everyone who is a good test taker is smart.

I think the AVG ACT score is in the 18-22 range. The best use of the ACT is to help you get more financial aid from a college and if you are intending to use the Navy to help with college, then it's not really useful anyway!

I find that students who are committed to learning will succeed regardless of how they fared on any specific tests.

Sounds like you are on the right track!! Keep up the great work!
Thank you for the information!

100% agree. I am focusing intently on the SAT because I want to become a teacher and maybe even an English teacher in high schools down the road, so I know that it is important. But my ACT, I am shooting for a good score (26-27) but I am not too freaked out about it.

I am so glad there are people that understand that every student is different and every student has different aspirations.
Well, I felt bad at first, because when my sister took it last year, she got a 26. When she took it this year, she got a 32, which is insane.

But, she is 2 years older than me, which means she’s a grade ahead...

I plan to go to college. I hope to have a career in something like WildLife Biology or Zoology:cool: maybe Marine Biology...
I’m looking at either a Marine Biology degree or a Aquaculture degree.

That will be after I retire from the military though.

I’m looking at either a Marine Biology degree or a Aquaculture degree.

That will be after I retire from the military though.
Ooooooo. I am definitely leaning more towards wildlife biology or marine biology, as opposed to zoology, especially behavior observation, which I think is called ethology.

Edit: Yeah, Ethology is the science or study of animal behavior

I would like to go into the military. My plan is start out in the Marine Corps. and then do an inner service transfer to the Navy, so I can go to BUD’s. (Basic Underwater Demolition, Aka Navy SEAL school)

After I retire from the military, I will most likely go to college. (I can go to college for virtually nothing, because they will pay for it once I retire)

That is the only reason why I would go to college afterwards. ^

As far as what I would go to college for, I have no clue. It will definitely be something I can use for my future aquarium career.

I would like to setup a fish store a long ways down the road. It’s my dream!

Where you a sophomore when you took it?
oooo cool! my dads a vetarn, he has all his army pics and dog tags in our hallway. and alot of weird army tattos. a unicorn. i asked what its name was and he said Penelope lol. theres one he dident finnish and said he would finnish when he truned 40... 2 more years... 2 more years

Ooooooo. I am definitely leaning more towards wildlife biology or marine biology, as opposed to zoology, especially behavior observation, which I think is called ethology.

Edit: Yeah, Ethology is the science or study of animal behavior
oo yes yes yes!i wanted to be a marine bolagist, now zoology, not as much math lol

I am definitely wanting to do marine biology. I used to want to do freshwater biology, but my new saltwater tank has really motivated me for saltwater.

“The ACT is a standardized test used for college admissions in the United States. It is currently administered by ACT, a nonprofit organization of the same name. The ACT test covers four academic skill areas: English, mathematics, reading, and scientific reasoning.”

(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACT_(test))

——

The 20 points was an average of those four areas.
Isn’t reading classed as English ? Surly it should just be part of English , here in uk we study English language and literature neither can be achieved without reading lol to get an above average score on your first try is promising for your future! Congratulations

Isn’t reading classed as English ? Surly it should just be part of English , here in uk we study English language and literature neither can be achieved without reading lol to get an above average score on your first try is promising for your future! Congratulations
Not here in the US, it’s a separate thing. I guess it could be classified like that, but English is more writing than reading.

Thank you!

That’s so cool! My grandpa and my uncle were military. Both of them are retired now though.
We traced all the way back to the revolutionary war, that one man in every generation has served in the military. So now, I’m a certified Son’s of the American Revolution (SAR) member.

We traced all the way back to the revolutionary war, that one man in every generation has served in the military. So now, I’m a certified Son’s of the American Revolution (SAR) member.
Wow that is super cool! I am not sure what other family of mine has served, my family is like really big and scattered all over (i even have cousins who used to live in Germany) so we haven’t even met most of them haha.

I am definitely wanting to do marine biology. I used to want to do freshwater biology, but my new saltwater tank has really motivated me for saltwater.
Wow! I always thought both sounded cool, but marine sounds more exciting. I would study manatees, I just think they are so cool

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back