Just got a shipment of tissue cultures in.

connorlindeman26 26

Plantman
Fish of the Month 🌟
5x Tank of the Month 🏆
Supporting Member ⭐
📋 Contest Moderator
Joined
Nov 18, 2021
Messages
5,313
Reaction score
6,450
Points
113
Location
37.2431° N, 115.7930° W
Expanding my shop to include tissue cultures.
image.webp
image.webp
 
Are you going to learn how to do tissue culture plants at home so you can cut out the middle man?
 
Are you going to learn how to do tissue culture plants at home so you can cut out the middle man?
I've done quite a bit of research on that, and right now I don't think I have the space. I would need to have a sterile environment wouldn't I?
 
Yeah it helps to have a sterile environment but mainly for the plants being cultured. You don't need a clean room or anything like that, just clean equipment, gloves, mask and a clean area to work (benchtop). If bacteria, yeast or fungus get into the culture containers, they feed on the nutrients and hormones in it and grow like mad.
 
Yeah it helps to have a sterile environment but mainly for the plants being cultured. You don't need a clean room or anything like that, just clean equipment, gloves, mask and a clean area to work (benchtop). If bacteria, yeast or fungus get into the culture containers, they feed on the nutrients and hormones in it and grow like mad.
Maybe i'll give it a try. Right now, each of these cups cost me $3.95. I could probably make them for much cheaper.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top