Just Got 4 Tropical Fish - Please Read

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just have 5 fish, 2 platys, 1 gold dust molly and 2 neon tetras, ill buy 2 more neon tetras so that they feel more secure monday probablyIs the chasing of the platys normal?

i just have 5 fish, 2 platys, 1 gold dust molly and 2 neon tetras, ill buy 2 more neon tetras so that they feel more secure monday probablyIs the chasing of the platys normal?

which part of SLOW DOWN did you miss???
you are going to run into more dead fish, and for 10g you're about full now and should return the 2 tetras not add more.
platy will chase each other around a little, males can get aggressive toward each other if there are not enough females. (just like on the playground, or in a club)

because i cant afford a bigger tank for now, anyway ill keep the fish i have now , good to know the chasing is normal

oh god no mate, i was there when they did it and i looked at the color coded paper and at the color of my water after he mixed it with the liquid in the small containers, and he also said it that ammonia is good and ph is good aswell, i dont remember the numbers since all i looked at was the colors,

Sure a lfs will tell you your water is "fine"...then you buy more fish, right? Just like you did!

You know a lot of us here have asked you to get your water tested and post the readings, not "they said it's fine"...so why don't you do it? I am not sure I believe you actually get your water tested period!

If you had STOPPED buying fish to put in a bad tank to die, or get sick then take back, you would have already had the money to buy your own test kits.

because i cant afford a bigger tank for now, anyway ill keep the fish i have now , good to know the chasing is normal
that does not by any means mean it is good. you need to find out if you M of F platy and adjust to a 3:1 F:M ratio

nope , i went a month ago there to do a water test aswell and my ammonia was horrible and they told me to do a water change imidietly, like i said, ammonia was great and ph was a little lower than normal but its good. and i bought the fish because i wanted to not , hey if you arvlyn, you feel like dissing people? go to another forum! do not come here telling people whetehr they did a test or not, I DID, period. none of my fish died so ur just making stuff up now. i only had 1 fish die and that was the neon tetra which dies for many people., now , how do i know if they platy is a male or a female?

nope , i went a month ago there to do a water test aswell and my ammonia was horrible and they told me to do a water change imidietly, like i said, ammonia was great and ph was a little lower than normal but its good. and i bought the fish because i wanted to not , hey if you arvlyn, you feel like dissing people? go to another forum! do not come here telling people whetehr they did a test or not, I DID, period. none of my fish died so ur just making stuff up now. i only had 1 fish die and that was the neon tetra which dies for many people., now , how do i know if they platy is a male or a female?

So...you get your water tested once a month? And one water change made the ammonia dissappear? None of your fish have died? Want me to copy and paste YOUR posts where you say this one and that one has died???

And excuse me, do NOT tell ME what to do and what not to do! Why are YOU here? You ask for help and advice and then do what you want to anyway and lie about it!!

Please...we are trying to help you and save your fish!!! Lose the attitude and listen to what we're all saying!!!

t these neon tetras are really delicate and that even if i buy 50 of them, if 10 of them stay alive i should be lucky, they a

so wrong.
i've added a total of 30 tetra, neons and glo light and have only lost one to death, and 3 to eels :( but i no longer buy small tetr.

Agreed! I have several neon tetras in my betta sorority tank and all of them are still alive, and I have had them for several months.

*Bethie*

lamonsas.. let me explain something to you. You've been keeping fish for less than one month, and you are telling people anything???
Arvlyn is trying to help you, and you are "dissing" the help???

Dude...get over yourself, please before you make a huge mistake.

We're giving you advice, or trying to, but...again...you seem fit to hurt your fish and waste money.

Like I said...take it SLOWLY!!!!!!

It's a lot cheaper, in the long run, if you do things right.

Were I in your shoes....and I have been... I would take the tetras back, get the platy numbers straightened out. Be careful...if you have a female in that tank...you will have babies. Have you stopped to think about that? You should, seriously, consider what you will do with the babies. Taking them to the fish store won't be an option, I'm sure.

Please....don't get in a hurry. WHat you've done so far isn't that bade...in the grand scheme of things. But, you have GOT to learn PATIENCE before you start killing more fish.

Also, understand what the LFSm Petland??, is there for. YOU ARE PLAYING INTO THEIR BUSINESS. They are here to sell you fish. Some stores are good, may be this one is, but you have GOT to be careful about what they tell you. Look, I've been told before that putting a Lionfish in freshwater is fine..."fine" But...I'd feel real bad about killing a saltwater fish that can't adapt to freshwater. How did I find that out?? Research...it'll be your best friend. But...until you slow down and start doing some...Your throwing money away.

You state you can't afford a bigger tank. Then, slow down!!! This isn't a race to see how many fish you can buy. You're supposed to stop and enjoy them. If you are always at the fish store..you're enjoying their fish, not yours.

And, please....understand who you are talking to before you start "dissing" someone. Obviously, arvlyn knows WAY more about fish than you do.

Stop getting defensive and start learning how to care for your fish and aquarium.

for a month? i had my tank for 5 months, i had a black moore for 4 months, i wont tell the story again now since its too long and i am tired. my fish are doing great, i just read from a proffesional reef owner that the chasing is because i have 1 male and 1 female, if they bring babies i can either take care of the babies or they will simply eat the babies so its not a biggie, take things slowly? i am taking things very slowly, i have 2 filters and im doing great. return the fish? that would kill the fish, you are making a mountain out of a mouse if you know what i mean. i do better than most pet owners that had a tank for the same period of time thats for sure. all im going to do is get 1 more friend for my neons so they are 3 in totla instead of 2 because they are sad when they are 2. im not taking anything fast, you all want to keep dissing me? ill leave the forum and that will be it. i come for help and i get dissed? i will report this forum all around the fishing websites for being cruel to new members, i am nice to who is nice to me unlike arvlyn, arvlyn dont reply to me even if you are gonna diss me again. im doing great with the tank. oh and no one lied to me about the test results rofl, you are being a paranoid if you think they lied to me, I WAS THERE I TESTED THE WATER WITH THEM. omg you are driving me crazy for talkin such nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back