Just bought this Plant on the way home from the office -can someone I.d this for me please

fishyfun&fans

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 29, 2021
Messages
642
Reaction score
394
Points
63
Location
Humberside
I Thought java fern but I’m not sure now
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    304.7 KB · Views: 127
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    342 KB · Views: 129
Could be a swordplant, but until there's a brighter, clearer picture, I'll suggest Java Fern.

For future reference, I'd avoid buying any plant that you can't identify, just as you'd avoid buying a mystery fish.
Much as I appreciate a Java Fern, they're not the best plant to facilitate any cycling, or uptake of ammonia and by-products, on account of their slow growth.
 

Attachments

  • F74B88C8-C129-4E8D-A4B1-D485D03C446C.webp
    F74B88C8-C129-4E8D-A4B1-D485D03C446C.webp
    276.4 KB · Views: 108
  • ED84F9F7-701A-429A-87FD-575AA9B65043.webp
    ED84F9F7-701A-429A-87FD-575AA9B65043.webp
    320.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 2A6384CF-A430-4546-9BE5-00BC5319C7AD.webp
    2A6384CF-A430-4546-9BE5-00BC5319C7AD.webp
    255.3 KB · Views: 131
Looks great doesn’t it

Thanks everyone I’m going with Needle Leaf Java Fern!

Only bad thing is it came from the Dreaded LPS!
 
Last edited:
Looks great doesn’t it

Thanks everyone I’m going with Needle Leaf Java Fern!

Only bad thing is it came from the Dreaded LPS!
Oh yea if all the leaves die dont worry as long as the rhizome is there it is alize, they are grown emersed
 

Most reactions

Back
Top