Just A Thought About Why Is There No Place To Upload Pictures In The C

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fatheadminnow

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
In the picture section here, there is a place where you can attach pictures, obviously. So why is there nothing like this in the classified section where part of the requirements, not necessarily but still, is to have a picture of what you are selling.

I just think it would be a good idea to have something like that there so people can upload picture easily.

-FHM

You're right, thank you for bringing that to my attention. It's fixed now!

In the picture section here, there is a place where you can attach pictures, obviously. So why is there nothing like this in the classified section where part of the requirements, not necessarily but still, is to have a picture of what you are selling.

I just think it would be a good idea to have something like that there so people can upload picture easily.

-FHM

the, original stated reason for this, was to keep down Forum storage and band width. if members used their own image hosting facility. this eased the overheads on the forum set up. and its , as easy, imho, easier, to use an image host, than use the forum facility. (each to their own, lol.)

believe, there have been many threads dealing with this. looks like Tolak, feels differently than others in admin, did, in the past.

-FHM

the, original stated reason for this, was to keep down Forum storage and band width. if members used their own image hosting facility. this eased the overheads on the forum set up. and its , as easy, imho, easier, to use an image host, than use the forum facility. (each to their own, lol.)

believe, there have been many threads dealing with this. looks like Tolak, feels differently than others in admin, did, in the past.

Since it is a service (the classified section) provided by this site, then it would only seem logical for this site to provide the resources to fulfill the requirements. Other parts of this forum, such as the Tropical Discussion section, a picture upload part would not seem logical; that would be where you would use a image hosting site.

-FHM

Since it is a service (the classified section) provided by this site, then it would only seem logical for this site to provide the resources to fulfill the requirements. Other parts of this forum, such as the Tropical Discussion section, a picture upload part would not seem logical; that would be where you would use a image hosting site.

-FHM

we will have to differ, on this. unless you pay, the site has no "requirements to fulfil".
I simply pointed out WHY the forum didn't have that facility in classifieds. nor do a few other forum i visit. they ask us to use OUR band width, not theirs. which seem fair enough, seeing as we pay nothing for using the forum. and forums cost money to run. part of that cost is, storage/backup and bandwidth.

This is why I said in my FIRST post "...classified section where part of the requirements, not necessarily but still,..." Meaning that it is not a requirement, just more or less a recommendation; however it did not sound right when I typed it like that.

I know what you are say, and everything you have said in your last two posts I have already thought about BEFORE I made this thread. However, with a site as big as this, there are going to be things that need to happen. And I would say that this would be something that would only better this forum and make it easier for people to use. I am pretty sure this is why the forum was upgraded last year; not only to upgrade but also to expand the band width as well.

-FHM

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back