July 2012 Fish Of The Month Comp. Entries

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is my fairly big cuckoo catfish, with lovely patterns and nice whiskers! i hope you like him :D
verifacation to follow

here id the verifacation. not the best picture. but you can see it has the yellow severums in both. part of tail in the main pic. both have sand and the red rock. also both have the same gree plants in. thanks

Attachments

• cuckoo1.jpg
    cuckoo1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 122
  • cuckoover1.jpg
    cuckoover1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 144
here is my fairly big cuckoo catfish, with lovely patterns and nice whiskers! i hope you like him :D
verifacation to follow

here id the verifacation. not the best picture. but you can see it has the yellow severums in both. part of tail in the main pic. both have sand and the red rock. also both have the same gree plants in. thanks
Synodontis Multipunctatus , nice little tricksters, actually trick Cichlids into brooding their young :fun:

They go for about $16 ish around here, not sure what the exchange rate is.

Almost thought it was actually a Synodontis petricola but it lacks the white bordering on ALL the fins.

Very nice Kitty :good:

verifacation to follow

Synodontis Multipunctatus , nice little tricksters, actually trick Cichlids into brooding their young :fun:

Almost thought it was actually a Synodontis petricola but it lacks the white bordering on ALL the fins.

Synodontis Multipunctatus indeed a very nice fish, can be a little shy at first and do like their caves but act like a clown loach. away for a while but fun and active whilst out! $16 would be about £12 to £14 over here. i can tell you that at a minute size of 2 inches over here they go for £7 to £8.50 i have a mature firemouth in the tank, i would eventually like a mating pair of firemouths/mouthbrooding cichlids to put the urban myth to the test, cuckoos apparentely will lay their own eggs with different species of mouthbrooders. if i ever got to see that happen i would be blessed. imagine the possibilty of them working together to protect each others eggs. that would be awesome!

verifacation to follow

Synodontis Multipunctatus indeed a very nice fish, can be a little shy at first and do like their caves but act like a clown loach. away for a while but fun and active whilst out! $16 would be about £12 to £14 over here. i can tell you that at a minute size of 2 inches over here they go for £7 to £8.50 i have a mature firemouth in the tank, i would eventually like a mating pair of firemouths/mouthbrooding cichlids to put the urban myth to the test, cuckoos apparentely will lay their own eggs with different species of mouthbrooders. if i ever got to see that happen i would be blessed. imagine the possibilty of them working together to protect each others eggs. that would be awesome!
I too would like to witness it in person. The $16 price is for a roughly 2"-3" Cat so maybe 1/2 grown?.
I already have synodontis eruptus in my current African tank though so I'll have to wait.

I already have synodontis eruptus in my current African tank though so I'll have to wait.
I have those type of synos as well. Fun little fish, although they grow quite fast. I bought mine when they were little kitties and they are about 4 inches now!

verifacation to follow

Firemouths arent mouthbrooders though.

im gonna enter this guy simon the extremely docile siames fighter not sure what kind because we rescued him and he had nipped fins and a bit of fin rot but he is looking good now. :good:

ahhhhhh im not good at this pic uploading thing am i :crazy:

verifacation to follow

Firemouths arent mouthbrooders though.
i knew they werent! but my lfs convinced me otherwise. i was told they lay their eggs to begin with then the male takes over and broods the eggs! anyway i also purchased 2 baby parrot fish from my lfs around an inch big. both are natural and undyed with black and green markings on it just like a severum. no one knows for sure what fish are actually cross bred to form the parrots but i think its clear severums are involved!

I have those type of synos as well. Fun little fish, although they grow quite fast. I bought mine when they were little kitties and they are about 4 inches now!
mine is roughly 7 to 7.5 inches. iver read they usually max out at around 15cm but are capable of growing to 30 cm. im not sure, however i know mine is bigger than most people have seen. lol just as im typing this my cuckoo is swimming head on about a cm away from the pipe that flows into the tank from my external filter.

Yes quite fast, Mine was already close to 4-5" when I got her, now almost 6", the other only 4", I love the way they will suddenly decide, hey I think I'll swim upside-down for awhile lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back