Java Moss

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bill1976

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Just bought some Java moss from eBay, it's come on a piece metal mesh, do I just attach the mesh to the ornament I wish to cover, will it not rust? Or am I supposed to remove it from the mesh and just tie it to the object with cotton? Thanks

Usually if you buy java moss to cover something you buy it loose and tie it or glue it on to the object. Buying it on a mesh is usually for carpetting and is pretty restrictive for adding to another object unless that object is flat.

I've managed to attach it to the decor, but I'm a bit concerned about having metal mesh in the tank and it rusting, would I be best removing it from the mesh and tieing it to the decor?

Bill1976 said:
I've managed to attach it to the decor, but I'm a bit concerned about having metal mesh in the tank and it rusting, would I be best removing it from the mesh and tieing it to the decor?
This seems like the best way to go in my opinion

I've managed to attach it to the decor, but I'm a bit concerned about having metal mesh in the tank and it rusting, 
It is likely a stainless steal mesh.  The moss was grown on it so it has been attached to it for some time.  If you saw no rust on the metal when you got it is stainless steeel and is safe to leave it in the aquarium  Ordinary iron or steel  would rust rapidly while the moss was growing at the store. You can take pieces of moss off of the mesh and then attach them to the ornament with fishing line if you wish. 

Well there's still no signs of rust, but I think for piece of mind I will remove the metal mesh, thanks for the advice

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back