Java Fern stems broke and leaves discoloring, should I trim and propagate or leave to heal itself?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ItzAllyCat

Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg

The plants I can see (barely) in the first photo are not Java Fern but swords. These have a root mass that should be buried inn the substrate. In a bright area too. Not sure what the second photo is.

The plants I can see (barely) in the first photo are not Java Fern but swords. These have a root mass that should be buried inn the substrate. In a bright area too. Not sure what the second photo is.
What the heck, a lady at the pet store said it was Java fern 😭. I don’t have substrate but I do have marbles? I have to get fertilized substrate now don’t I 😭 The second photo is of the stems breaking.

Since the plants are not "planted," can you give a better photo so we can see the structure?

And, a piece of advice almost every member here will second...never listen to advice from a fish store.

Since the plants are not "planted," can you give a better photo so we can see the structure?

And, a piece of advice almost every member here will second...never listen to advice from a fish store.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Now I am seeing what I think is a house plant. It most assuredly is not Java Fern though. Another member is bound to know. These plants sometimes last for a few months, but can suddenly rot and foul the water. Are you sure all the leaves are from the one crown of the plant? It looks like a very long leaf and much shorter leaves.

Now I am seeing what I think is a house plant. It most assuredly is not Java Fern though. Another member is bound to know. These plants sometimes last for a few months, but can suddenly rot and foul the water. Are you sure all the leaves are from the one crown of the plant? It looks like a very long leaf and much shorter leaves.
Members are saying it’s Amazon sword, which I think it is as well now that I am seeing the structure. It did come from one plant but was separated in 3.

The plant in the first photo in post #5. the one with the stripey leaves - is that a live plant or a fake one? The leaves look almost textured like a silk plant.

It’s a silk plant :) You can disregard this post I got my Amazon sword exchanged to real Java fern that are in perfect shape :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back