I've Run Into A Bit Of A Problem...help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

christylee

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Alright..so I have a 30" t5 light bar that I'm going to use on my 36" tank...now the problem is the lightbar doesn't come with feet..or adjustable bars to be placed on the tank to suspend the lighting. As for top wise..I have a canopy so I don't actually have something sitting right on the lip of the top frame for the tank...

What do you think I should do to suspend the light?

I was considering getting a piece of plexi to sit across the top of the tank and then rest the light on that...sound okay?

20130720_2031220.jpg

My light does not fit my tank. I just put two bits across the top and sit it on there :p

even without actually seeing what you're up against I would think there is some kind of DIY bracket you (or a handyman friend) could build so that the light could sit above with full confidence of no let downs.  If I were not so far away I'd be glad to help. 

Your best bet is what Mr techen did. You could refine it a little more though. Plus this would be adjustable height and length wise. Two pieces of wide metal or wood should do the trick. Say 3-4 inches wide for stability and how ever long your tank is deep. Just make sure the thickness is quite beefy and you won't have any worries about dropping your light in your tank. 
good.gif

Most reactions

trending

Back