I’ve got Fry!!!! But am I drowning them

Aquatony

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
So I have About 30 Fry hatched 3 days ago. This side-car tank is about 6” deep and it has an inlet and an outlet, so water cycles from the main tank to the side tank, then back out slowly, keeping it fresh. However... I worry that this water level is too deep, for the cory to develop their ability to gulp air from the surface. I have been manually reducing the water level. I’m not wanting to drown them obviously, how realistic of a concern is that, and what’s the maximum level of water they can safely develop in? Do I need to get this water level down to like 2”?
Help!!!! I am still running a couple drops of Methylene blue also.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for your reply - I have changed the water now and will stow the Methylene blue for next time around.

I see them trying to swim up to the surface or at least “glass surf” and they can’t quite make it to the top.Perhaps that’s an age thing and they’ll get there.
I just measured the depth of the water to be exact and it’s 3 1/2” actually. So that should be just fine?

Thanks for your reply - I have changed the water now and will stow the Methylene blue for next time around.

I see them trying to swim up to the surface or at least “glass surf” and they can’t quite make it to the top.Perhaps that’s an age thing and they’ll get there.
I just measured the depth of the water to be exact and it’s 3 1/2” actually. So that should be just fine?
From what I’ve heard that’s fine, I don’t personally raise my corries eggs. But I’m sure someone will come along soon that has done it before so you can get a second opinion

From what I’ve heard that’s fine, I don’t personally raise my corries eggs. But I’m sure someone will come along soon that has done it before so you can get a second opinion
Hopefully someone sees this! But so far I think they’re doing ok. I’m adding “first bites” a little bit at a time to not foul the water

I don’t know about cories but First Bites in an excellent fry food. So is New Life Spectrum Growth Starter. Congrats on new fry. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back