I've Got A Little Problem With Algae

Imcanadieneh

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Messages
125
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Michigan
I have 3 otos that have not been doing a good job cleaning. I've had them for months and the tank ahve been ultra clear and now they won't stop sucking the walls and clean the gravel and my lava rock where the algae is getting pretty bad. Has anyone else ever had a problem with their otos not cleaning. Its getting pretty bad the water s very clear and the gravel is not dirty I vacuum it every 2-3 weeks. If it doesn't go away does anyone know a good algae eater they could suggest. I have a 10 gallon so no pleckos. And I can't get more than 2 cause my tank is pretty full as it is.
 
leave the algae or your ottos will die...you shouldnt have bought them without researching them properly anyway. they should be kept in a heavily planted tank with plants that have waxy slow growing leafs which will grow soft green algaes which they can eat.
 
Fish don't clean your tank - you do. No fish will eat ALL algae. Otos eat particular types of algae which it sounds like they are doing. The rest is up to you.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top