Its... Everywhere!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

InaneCathode

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Duckweed. I got some for cover for my betta.
Its.
EVERYWHERE!
Hands... shirt, feet, tools, fish, ornaments, filter, everywhere. Its evil... Must be. Can't physically be possible for it to stick to everything, but it does. I got it cleaned up now, so its not so bad. Sammy Davis seems to like it ok (took him a while to figure out how to gulp through it, but he got his courage up and went for it). I really like the lighting change it has on the tank, kinda a pond looking deal i got going, very nice.

To keep from getting the duckweed submerged by the HOB filter, i built a surface divider with a long square piece of closed cell foam that is jammed between the glass and stretches across the surface. It keeps the duckweed at bay, and i have a clear section of surface i can feed the fishies from now. Also, when i have to do a water change, all i have to do is slide the divider over, and it keeps all the duckweed in a pile in one side of the tank so i have access to clean the gravel :D

Along with the duckweed i got three more juvenile looking albino cories. They're all shoaling really well now actually (save for the sick one), I'm impressed an increase of only three makes them change behaviors so quickly.

I also picked up some new food for the cories, 'sinking wafers' they're like algae tabs but with less algae, more real food :p. They havent touched it yet, but normally they let the algae soften up a bit before they attack it :rawr:

I also got some spiral vallis (i think thats what it is, spirally looking grass), hopefully it does well (its under the clear part of the tank just in case)

I can't seem to get my duckweed to multiply. I've got it in three tanks and there are only 20 or so "leaflets???" in the tank with the most of it. I heard it was ravenous when I got it so I was expecting a bit more out of it. good luck getting it under control

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back