It Has Arrived..damaged

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
3,105
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leicester
Well, I have some mature filter sponge in the post on its way to me.. :hyper:


So I ran home from work this morning not wanting to miss the postman. Since monday he has been coming between 9 and half 9.

Now the day im expecting somthing its half 10 and he still is not here :angry: :angry:.

Its actually quite sad how exited I am about some filter sponge. Imagine how i'd be if I had fish coming in the post, I think I would go hunt him down! :crazy:

This is going to be my first tank that i've done properly :D Cycled etc.

All thanks to this forum! Wohoo!

But seriously, if this postman dont hurry up then.. :shout: :shout:
 
Where do you work that you ran to get home for 9? :o
And you know I've gotta agree I'm a bit sad like that...but...you can justify it by saying it's what allows you to get some fish. So actually you're excited about being able to buy some fish... :shifty: hehe
 
Well, I have some mature filter sponge in the post on its way to me.. :hyper:


So I ran home from work this morning not wanting to miss the postman. Since monday he has been coming between 9 and half 9.

Now the day im expecting somthing its half 10 and he still is not here :angry: :angry:.

Its actually quite sad how exited I am about some filter sponge. Imagine how i'd be if I had fish coming in the post, I think I would go hunt him down! :crazy:

This is going to be my first tank that i've done properly :D Cycled etc.

All thanks to this forum! Wohoo!

But seriously, if this postman dont hurry up then.. :shout: :shout:


I hate it when that happens. I have just received some bogwood and a java fern post ordered yesterday
 
I start work at 5am and finish at 8:45am lol.

I will let you all know when he comes and how I tortured him :good:
 
Nope..

I have got to clean the old tank up today as its being collected tomorow.
And im dieing for a p... but i know as soon as i go upstairs he will ring the door and then walk off..he dont wait around :(
 
Pee out the window :lol:

You will still need to run that media for a few days with some ammonia or similar to ensure its ready for fish as it will have lost some bacteria in the post. Or if you want to add fish immediately with it, do so SLOWLY to allow for any loss to build back up again.

I know you dont wanna hear that, but thought Id better mention it.
 
He has already told me he has put ammonia liquid in it. - Add no more than 3 fish at a time buy a test kit tommorow, do a water change tommorow, get 3 fish saturday.

I've had my orders :( lol

Cheers for that though minxy :good:

And I have to do 5am, a jobs a job lol. Brings the money in for the fishies :drool:
 
He has already told me he has put ammonia liquid in it. - Add no more than 3 fish at a time buy a test kit tommorow, do a water change tommorow, get 3 fish saturday.

I've had my orders :( lol

Cheers for that though minxy :good:

And I have to do 5am, a jobs a job lol. Brings the money in for the fishies :drool:


Make sure you get a liquid test kit not the strip ones they are CR*P
 
Yup, Purchasing the API one.
My dad is really annoying me he is constantly saying "you dont need to buy it there a waste of money" + "the shop does it for you with them strips" + "them strips work just as good"
Everything I say he wont listen! He thinks he is right.
In the end I just said "You got your tank - Do what you want, I got my tank, My money, I will do what I want and im doing it properly"
He doesnt understand my tank is new and he had an already established tank as the previous owner cycled it and left it in tank water.

And if I want to breed cichlids, I need good water!
 
Yup, Purchasing the API one.
My dad is really annoying me he is constantly saying "you dont need to buy it there a waste of money" + "the shop does it for you with them strips" + "them strips work just as good"
Everything I say he wont listen! He thinks he is right.
In the end I just said "You got your tank - Do what you want, I got my tank, My money, I will do what I want and im doing it properly"
He doesnt understand my tank is new and he had an already established tank as the previous owner cycled it and left it in tank water.

And if I want to breed cichlids, I need good water!


Parents !! it's the way you bring them up!!! LOL
 
OK IT FINALLY ARRIVED...DAMAGED!!!!!

A note on the package from royal mail "Apology this item was damaged etc etc..."

Ammonia dripping all over the floor!

So I quickly ran upstairs tipped all the contect into my tank and sorted out the media.

There was a brown substance there. Im guessing it was the ammonia or the contents from the sponge? Its in there now.

So tommorow we will tell if its done anything when I get the test. Fingers crossed.

I hope I put the filter back together again properly. There are spaces where the sponge is and the box where the 'Stones' are is kind of tilted but im sure it was like that..I hope.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top