Is Your Aquarium Yours Or Do You Share The Hobby?

All mine bwhahahaha :P :yahoo:

The rest of my life and time is spent looking after kids, cleaning up after kids, cooking for kids (you get the point), so my fishies are all for my own enjoyment and I dont care about the huffs and puffs of disapproval when I buy yet another tank or another fish or say Im just off out for a look around the fish shops :hyper:
omg, carbon copy. I'm just the same. We have 3 kids. will be 1, 4, and 6 pretty soon. I ask my hubby if he wants to drive to the fish store to look and his response is "If we go by Scheels afterwards"(it's a sporting goods store). Otherwise, he doesn't want to go.
although, I have to give him credit. He did help me place my first layout in my 125 gallon. I think he took pity on me. It's a 125 tall and I'm only 5 foot tall as it is. Even w/a 2-step step stool it's hard to reach the bottom of the tank:rolleyes:

I can get lost in my tanks. I can stare at them for hours :fun:

I'm in the planning/researching stages of doing a saltwater setup. I can't wait until it gets up and going
:hyper: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
 
all mine, sometimes my mum will come in and have a look at my fish..but other than that i do it all myself
 
Mine all mine all mine!! :hyper:

Don't have a partner and daughter has left home to live with hers - so it's just me with the "puddy tat" and my fish for company.

When my daughter visited at the weekend I was feeding the fish and talking to them, as you do (well I do) - and she started laughing, saying "What on earth are you talking to the fish for?"

I told her that when you're at home on your own with nobody to talk to - it's the fish, the cat, or nothing! I think they are pretty much keeping me sane (although some would say that talking to fish is completely insane :crazy: ) - but, hey, what do they know, eh?

Athena
 
dont worry athena i talk to my fish too i love to talk to them as least with fish they dont talk back to me :lol: im lucky as i have my own fish tank and mum and dad has theres but when they go on there hols it me who looks after four fish tanks and 2 dogs with my son aswell but least i know i wont get bored :rolleyes: :lol:
 
I bought my daughter a 10 gal two years ago when she was eight. She graduated to a 20 gal. and the 10 went to her brother. I got myself a 20 gal. last year. I do all water changes since my now 10 year old can't lift the buckets and my 18 year old won't (says they smell). My 18 year old recently decided to "share" my 20 gal with me ( generous of him). My eldest (25) wants nothing to do with them says they splash him; and my hubby says they do nothing but take up space. Personally I don't see the problem. A mother/daughter day is not complete without a stop at the LFS to drool over the new arrivals and plan on how to make daddy and bubba even more crazy. Fish are great!
 
my gf and i share our tanks.we both have equal input and share all duties.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top