Is This True?

Do Jewel Cichlids incubate their eggs in their mouth. I read it on the internet somewhere!
If this is true, would they still eat?

Megan!

Its false I think. They normally lay them on a flat surface. Quite a few africans mouthbrood, but the juwel isn't one of them.
 
Do Jewel Cichlids incubate their eggs in their mouth. I read it on the internet somewhere!
If this is true, would they still eat?

Megan!

Its false I think. They normally lay them on a flat surface. Quite a few africans mouthbrood, but the juwel isn't one of them.

Shroob's correct, my jewels never mouthbrood.
Their breeding is more like NW cichlids than africans.
 
Do Jewel Cichlids incubate their eggs in their mouth. I read it on the internet somewhere!
If this is true, would they still eat?

Megan!

As everyone else said, jewels do not mouthbrood.

If you are interested, here's a great article on mouthbrooders. And no, when holding eggs they don't eat.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top