Is This The Best I can Do

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I said I cannot do this so I will probably just do a 5 gallon gallon or a 10.

Keep in mind this will really limit fish options. And I went back through this thread and cannot find where the parameters were given, so that is something to sort out before you buy a small tank. What is the GH and pH of your tap water?

Soft water will give you more options than hard water with a 10g. A 5g is really not suitable to anything but a male betta.

@Byron All I can find is ph is 6.8 and I only plan on keeping a betta with snails and shrimp if he will allow it.

OK. With a slightly acid pH, the GH is probably on the soft side. A Betta will be fine in either 5g or 10g. Snails should be fine, shrimp might too, depending upon the kind and the betta.

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if this equipment for a setup I’m planning is good for the inhabitants and for a good price(most of this is off amazon if it’s not I will put a note next to that item.) this tank will be home to 1 male betta and MAYBE panda cories if the betta will allow it
1.) Fluval Flex 15 gallon aquarium$130
2.) Fluval Flex Stand$80
3.) 50W Fluval M heater$28
4.) 6 outlet power strip$10
5.) 20lbs Imagitarium white sand$18
6.) 16oz API water conditioner$7
7.) Aqueon Siphon$3
Total=$298

Like I said just wondering if this is good equipment and if not what I should change to. Thank you:thanks:
In my opinion if you shop around a little bit you can get a whole kit minus the substrate Orwell less than $200 which should come with a filter a heater some sort of Water Conditioner and everything. Walmart has a nice stand for around $62 I just purchased and I agree with the guy that mentioned about Prime I prefer yet overall leather conditioners the bottle I have was only $20 and it treats 5,000 gallons if you do it right and just so you know I've used all the other products like pristine and stability from seachem product manufacturers and they're all great products in my opinion they worked for me anyways other people may have had different outcomes but everything I bought from them work really well

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if this equipment for a setup I’m planning is good for the inhabitants and for a good price(most of this is off amazon if it’s not I will put a note next to that item.) this tank will be home to 1 male betta and MAYBE panda cories if the betta will allow it
1.) Fluval Flex 15 gallon aquarium$130
2.) Fluval Flex Stand$80
3.) 50W Fluval M heater$28
4.) 6 outlet power strip$10
5.) 20lbs Imagitarium white sand$18
6.) 16oz API water conditioner$7
7.) Aqueon Siphon$3
Total=$298

Like I said just wondering if this is good equipment and if not what I should change to. Thank you:thanks:
Fluval is an amazing brand and i use it but you could easily get by with aqueon for a tank that size and be fine. You can also get filter pad and whatnot in bulk and cut it for your filter to save maintenance money

Fluval is an amazing brand and i use it but you could easily get by with aqueon for a tank that size and be fine. You can also get filter pad and whatnot in bulk and cut it for your filter to save maintenance money
I agree Fluval is a great product but I haven't had any trouble with AquaTech filters and other products that doesn't cost nowhere near the amount of Fluval I have a 55 gallon aquarium and I have a Penn Plax heater that is done perfect I live in West Virginia where it gets cold and I've had no trouble with it keeping it proper temperatures and I keep tropical fish so I keep it right around 76 to 80 degrees the main thing is that boils down to what you get used to and what you prefer a lot of the products that cost an arm and a leg or no better than the ones that are priced fairly and I wouldn't recommend going Bottom Of The Line unless you're buying substrate or something

Okay I have a updated list that I will get if there is anyway to save money on anything or places we’re I can get it cheaper please let me know. Most things are from amazon.

1. 15 gallon long from local pet store$27
2.Glass Lid for the tank$18
3. Box tech filter$13
4.100watt heater$15
5. API water conditioner 4oz$4
6. API master test kit$22
7. 2xExtension cord$10
8. 2x 3 prong outlet
9. MingDak light24” with timer$28
10. 10lbs Carib sea sand$13
11. Net$3
12. Siphon$9
13. Coconut Shell cave$8
14. x2 eBay buy 2 get 1 free Cabomba$8 each

Okay I have a updated list that I will get if there is anyway to save money on anything or places we’re I can get it cheaper please let me know. Most things are from amazon.

1. 15 gallon long from local pet store$27
2.Glass Lid for the tank$18
3. Box tech filter$13
4.100watt heater$15
5. API water conditioner 4oz$4
6. API master test kit$22
7. 2xExtension cord$10
8. 2x 3 prong outlet
9. MingDak light24” with timer$28
10. 10lbs Carib sea sand$13
11. Net$3
12. Siphon$9
13. Coconut Shell cave$8
14. x2 eBay buy 2 get 1 free Cabomba$8 each

The Carib Sea Sand...this may not be inert sand, but mineralized as intended for marine tanks. If this is intended to be a soft water fish tank, as for a Betta (mentioned earlier), you want an inert sand. I would get a bag of play sand here, or a bag of aquarium sand but make sure it is inert.

The Carib Sea Sand...this may not be inert sand, but mineralized as intended for marine tanks. If this is intended to be a soft water fish tank, as for a Betta (mentioned earlier), you want an inert sand. I would get a bag of play sand here, or a bag of aquarium sand but make sure it is inert.
Okay thanks.

How do you make so much money - especially at your age?

I don’t have all the money about 1/4 of it actually. I’m saving up for it. I get 5 dollars a week from chores and will ask my mom for a loan when I get about halfway
Nice. Your list is a lot more less expensive than when you first started out. :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back