Is This The Best I can Do

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

PhantomCarp

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I was wondering if this equipment for a setup Iā€™m planning is good for the inhabitants and for a good price(most of this is off amazon if itā€™s not I will put a note next to that item.) this tank will be home to 1 male betta and MAYBE panda cories if the betta will allow it
1.) Fluval Flex 15 gallon aquarium$130
2.) Fluval Flex Stand$80
3.) 50W Fluval M heater$28
4.) 6 outlet power strip$10
5.) 20lbs Imagitarium white sand$18
6.) 16oz API water conditioner$7
7.) Aqueon Siphon$3
Total=$298

Like I said just wondering if this is good equipment and if not what I should change to. Thank you:thanks:

the tank and stand cant be changed im assuming. It is a good AIO.

This is a bit cheaper for a heater.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003U82YEY/?tag=ff0d01-20

Do you really need a power strip? One plug for the heater, one plug for the lights and one plug for the filter.
How about this?

I like prime better but i guess API will work just fine.

and i guess the siphon will work.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hello Everyone, I was wondering if this equipment for a setup Iā€™m planning is good for the inhabitants and for a good price(most of this is off amazon if itā€™s not I will put a note next to that item.) this tank will be home to 1 male betta and MAYBE panda cories if the betta will allow it
1.) Fluval Flex 15 gallon aquarium$130
2.) Fluval Flex Stand$80
3.) 50W Fluval M heater$28
4.) 6 outlet power strip$10
5.) 20lbs Imagitarium white sand$18
6.) 16oz API water conditioner$7
7.) Aqueon Siphon$3
Total=$298

Like I said just wondering if this is good equipment and if not what I should change to. Thank you:thanks:

The API Tap Water Conditioner is actually a better conditioner if all you have is chlorine/chloramine in the tap water. If just chlorine, you use half as much (1 drop per gallon). So I wold stay with that and not Prime, which has issues.

White sand is not good in an aquarium. The substrate should be darker, and at any rate never true white. For less than half the $18 you could get a 25kg (50 lb) bag of Quikrete play sand and be much better; Home Depot and I think Lowe's carry Quikrete Play Sand, and this brand is important.

How about flourite? For only a dollar more and it's a nutrient substrate
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NTFXHW/?tag=ff0d01-20

I would not waste your money on this or any so-called plant enriched substrate. I had Flourite in my 70g for two years before i tossed it out; no better for plants, and you cannot keep substrate fish like cories over any of these substrates.

Nothing beats Quikrete Play Sand, I changed over to it aboout 7 or 8 years ago in all my tanks, and wish I'd done it sooner. Safe for all fish, plants grow well, and it looks natural. And it is inexpensive.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Okay I will do quiktete play sand and I will wash it good because I heard itā€™s dirty

True, but I don't go overboard. I put 4 or 5 cups of dry sand in a bucket, and rinse it five times. The water is certainly not clear, but it is only dirt and can't hurt anything in the tank.

For the cories you probably want to consider one for the dwarf species rather than Pandas. Its risky either way but an option would be to get the cories a few weeks before the betta. If you do it the other way around he may regard the tank as his territory and added fish may be seen as intruders.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back