Is This The Best I can Do

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Just some LEDs that come with a Aqueon hood Iā€™m only going to do some Anubisā€™s nana anacharis and maybe some dwarf Amazon swords. what are your thoughts on the kuhlis or cories in this size with a betta
Ok, cool.
What light are you going to get?

@Byron Not even the kuhli loaches? And I could eventually move it to a different tank because the stand has 3 shelves. And if I did that I could put in some of the other fish in I like In the tank.

Kuhli loaches are nocturnal, and fish charging around the tank (if you have ever seen healthy kuhlii you know how active they are) at night when the Betta expects calm is not going to work well for the poor Betta.

If you want to set up a tank for a Betta, fine. But adding other fish is only risking both the Betta and the other fish, and that is something we all need to be avoiding.

Kuhli loaches are nocturnal, and fish charging around the tank (if you have ever seen healthy kuhlii you know how active they are) at night when the Betta expects calm is not going to work well for the poor Betta.

If you want to set up a tank for a Betta, fine. But adding other fish is only risking both the Betta and the other fish, and that is something we all need to be avoiding.

Thank you I did not think of that and it is a realy good point. With the size upgrade Iā€™m not 100% sure what I am going to get for stock but I have time to decide!

Right now Im thinking about a betta with shrimp and snails if he will let it, kribensis pair, or a Cory only tank. Would a single convict Cichlid work in this size with nothing with it?

Thank you I did not think of that and it is a realy good point. With the size upgrade Iā€™m not 100% sure what I am going to get for stock but I have time to decide!

Right now Im thinking about a betta with shrimp and snails if he will let it, kribensis pair, or a Cory only tank. Would a single convict Cichlid work in this size with nothing with it?
A convict will get too large

So is this now a 20g high (basic 20g, same footprint as the 15g with 24-inch/60 cm length by 12 in/30cm width)? And what are the parameters, specifically GH and pH? I went back but couldn't find these mentioned.

There are a lot of options if the water is on the soft side, significantly fewer if on the hard side.

So is this now a 20g high (basic 20g, same footprint as the 15g with 24-inch/60 cm length by 12 in/30cm width)? And what are the parameters, specifically GH and pH? I went back but couldn't find these mentioned.

There are a lot of options if the water is on the soft side, significantly fewer if on the hard side.

On the website it only lets me know ph is 6.8 all the rest is about metals in the water because a few years ago my city had a big lead problem in the water

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if this equipment for a setup Iā€™m planning is good for the inhabitants and for a good price(most of this is off amazon if itā€™s not I will put a note next to that item.) this tank will be home to 1 male betta and MAYBE panda cories if the betta will allow it
1.) Fluval Flex 15 gallon aquarium$130
2.) Fluval Flex Stand$80
3.) 50W Fluval M heater$28
4.) 6 outlet power strip$10
5.) 20lbs Imagitarium white sand$18
6.) 16oz API water conditioner$7
7.) Aqueon Siphon$3
Total=$298

Like I said just wondering if this is good equipment and if not what I should change to. Thank you:thanks:
I like CaribSea sub straight. It helps cycle the tank. It also has good nutrients for plants. What kind of lighting comes with the tank. The first tank I bought was an all in one package. The light was a cheap LED. I could not grow a plant at all. I up graded to a florescent. Which grew plants. After a year I noticed my plants not doing well. I went back to the pet shop. Blubs lose their spectrum after a year. You cannot tell because the light looks perfectly well. I bout Fluval Plant LED. Grows plants like weeds. I would buy Prime conditioner. I don't see a siphon for $3. A good one has just a wide plastic head connected to a long hose. the one with an air blue works well for a while. Than stops working. Don't buy cheap equipment. You will windup buying the better ones. You will save money in the long run. I am surprised the system you want doesn't come with a heater. The Fluvial heater is a good one. I have fluvial heaters now for 3 years. A cheap one burns out in a year. This is alot of tank for just a betta and some Cory's. Some tetras would look good in the tank. Please have live plants. They look great and helps keep the water in balance.

I really like Fluval's biologic waste products. The trio of Waste Control, Cycle, and Bio Clear to get your bio filter going but over time you will find the brands you like best. Good Luck, you've already got the most expensive items under control!

I really like Fluval's biologic waste products. The trio of Waste Control, Cycle, and Bio Clear to get your bio filter going but over time you will find the brands you like best. Good Luck, you've already got the most expensive items under control!
Sadly I can not do this setup anymore and have to do a 10 gallon or under

There's a lot of talk about fish but honestly I wouldn't get that tank. It's really nice and all. But if you are planning on doing a planted then you are going to have to upgrade the light. A regular 20 gallon long can be as cheap as 20 at Petco.
Spend more money on good light and a good Heather.
20 long 20-36
Nicrew light( Amazon) 50-60
Aqueon heater(Petco)15-30
Aqua clear filter(Amazon)30ish
That's 160ish on the high end.
That was my set up after being out of the hobby for 8 years.
Save you a lot of money for more fish.
And I personally have pigmy Cory and they are really not that shy.
I consider that tank as well before my 20 set up.
But it saves you almost half of the cost.
No money, no better.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back