Is this normal?

Oh, thanks for the proper ID! Yes, such an impressive fish.

I have heard many different reviews. Someone who lives in Thailand says that there is a lot more info on them and that they only grow 3.5”. Others say he grows up to 10 like a King Kong Parrot...However, most people seem to agree that they have a mildly aggressive temperament. I know @PheonixKingZ said he has seen some at 7” but the YouTube videos I have seen and pictures in another forum they seem to be around the 3.5”
I've read so many conflicting reports on polar blue aggression. My LFS told me that they aren't aggressive, so I put one in my community tank. He is a holy terror! He splits his time sifting through gravel looking for food and chasing all the others. Gourami's will be at the top 3rd of the tank minding their own and he comes charging up and headbutts them. The diamond tetras are too fast for him and he doesn't mess with the bn pleco or pictus cat, but the poor gourami's. Caught him yesterday with the red flame gourami pinned to the bottom, and they're the same size. Currently looking to rehome him.

I've read so many conflicting reports on polar blue aggression. My LFS told me that they aren't aggressive, so I put one in my community tank. He is a holy terror! He splits his time sifting through gravel looking for food and chasing all the others. Gourami's will be at the top 3rd of the tank minding their own and he comes charging up and headbutts them. The diamond tetras are too fast for him and he doesn't mess with the bn pleco or pictus cat, but the poor gourami's. Caught him yesterday with the red flame gourami pinned to the bottom, and they're the same size. Currently looking to rehome him.
Currently I have had both of mine in with my two severums and acara and there is no trouble. Even if they are the smallest. I also recently added two small juvenile geophagus tapagos abs they are also fine. Based of my short time keeping them, seems like the only like cichlids and do a lot better in pairs rather than singles. Maybe try getting another one?

Currently I have had both of mine in with my two severums and acara and there is no trouble. Even if they are the smallest. I also recently added two small juvenile geophagus tapagos abs they are also fine. Based of my short time keeping them, seems like the only like cichlids and do a lot better in pairs rather than singles. Maybe try getting another one?
Originally had them with cories and flame gouramis but they loved to bully them so I moved them out to my cichlid tank where they are doing great

Scared of 2 as they apparently breed more than rabbits!

It's either rehome, return to LFS, or try a bigger tank (go up from 29 to 55). Tank is a last resort, as I finally got this one to cycle after almost 3 months (setbacks from disease treatment, etc.).

Most reactions

Back