Is This A Guppy?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CrustyOnEastCoast

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am wondering if this fish is really a guppy? (The one in the center of the picture. The one in the top right is definitely a guppy! :) ). If this fish is a guppy, then how long do they take to grow to adult size? I have had this one for 3 months. It has gotten larger over that time, but it is growing very slowly. The LFS told me it was a guppy. :unsure: It swims with the other guppies in the tank.

If it is not a guppy, what is it? I want to get a pair of Pearl Guoramis but I am concerned that they might view these as food. (I have two of these fish that look very similar, the other one is slightly smaller).

Picture of Mystery Fish

It's an Endler (although all Endler's in the trade now are really Endler/guppy hybrids).
It will never grow as big as a 'normal' male guppy, but will interbreed wit your female guppies, should you have any.

Yes its a Guppy/Endler, or an Endler Guppy as most refer to them, you don't find them in places like Pets At Home in the UK. They are really nice fish, it'll only grow slightly bigger than it is atm. Ive got a couple of endlers and they are really colourful.

On another note, Ive had baby guppies in my tank for 5months and theyre only the same size as yours, without colour, yet.

Confirmed, that would be a male endler :) They are naturally smaller than the females. Very cute little fish it likes to be in a group :)

Yes its a Guppy/Endler, or an Endler Guppy as most refer to them, you don't find them in places like Pets At Home in the UK. They are really nice fish, it'll only grow slightly bigger than it is atm. Ive got a couple of endlers and they are really colourful.

On another note, Ive had baby guppies in my tank for 5months and theyre only the same size as yours, without colour, yet.

pets at home in glasgow usually always has endlers for sale :S

pets at home in glasgow usually always has endlers for sale :S

Pets at home in stirling have started stocking endlers and so have dobbies in stirling :good:

Pets at Home in Fort Kinaird had both sexes of Endlers in today and I have also seen them in the Straiton one.
There weren't any at Dobbies in Lasswade though when I went in the other day.

Cool, so I have 2 endler guppies! I am in the US, by the way. The LFS had them in the same tank as the other guppies. The staff member led me to believe that they were just younger than the other ones, and would grow to the same size, and lose some of the pronounced coloring as they grow up. :no: I like them, they are definitely very colorful, active, and play nicely with the other guppies, so I plan to keep them.

However, I was planning on getting a pair of Pearl Guoramis to finish the stocking in this tank, to be some nice showcase fish.

Anybody know if I will have to drop this idea -- for the safety of the endlers? (Maybe the endlers are just big enough to not be a concern ... or is this wishful thinking?)

The endlers could feel threatened with the gouramis, & could be picked on as the pearls grow

I am wondering if this fish is really a guppy? (The one in the center of the picture. The one in the top right is definitely a guppy! :) ). If this fish is a guppy, then how long do they take to grow to adult size? I have had this one for 3 months. It has gotten larger over that time, but it is growing very slowly. The LFS told me it was a guppy. :unsure: It swims with the other guppies in the tank.

If it is not a guppy, what is it? I want to get a pair of Pearl Guoramis but I am concerned that they might view these as food. (I have two of these fish that look very similar, the other one is slightly smaller).

Picture of Mystery Fish
Endlers only get to 1/2 inch to 1 inch Guppys get 1 to 2 inches

or at least i think :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back