Is there something wrong with his cheeks?

SaltySloth

New Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2021
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Points
3
Location
Orlando FL
1361A19C-65FF-46D3-A8FA-5877A213697D.webp

Hi everyone! This is happy face (I don’t know if it’s a female or male) but he has a dot in his cheek and they look bruised. I’m wondering if it’s Gill disease or something else? My water parameters are perfect. Sand substrate, lives with angel fish, not aggressive, feed him cichlid sinking pellets, flakes, and blood worms and frozen shrimp. What is it if it is anything and how can I treat it? Also I am currently in PR for a couple weeks and I need to find a company or someone to do a water change for me in Orlando FL. Can anyone recommend one for me?
 

Attachments

  • C813A6FD-17B4-4D13-9348-38B783E274F3.webp
    C813A6FD-17B4-4D13-9348-38B783E274F3.webp
    111 KB · Views: 152
  • D235FF14-40FD-4AC3-8E13-0203DC9E4AAD.webp
    D235FF14-40FD-4AC3-8E13-0203DC9E4AAD.webp
    170.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 58623C4B-B561-4E19-9229-0108DB16C611.webp
    58623C4B-B561-4E19-9229-0108DB16C611.webp
    119.7 KB · Views: 116
JNW test strips. They are: nitrite 0 and nitrates are 0 and I actually don’t have ammonia I never realized that
 
JNW test strips. They are: nitrite 0 and nitrates are 0 and I actually don’t have ammonia I never realized that
turn up the bubbler a little he might lack oxygen!
 
He just has poor color. Those are his gills you see behind his gill plates. That is normal. But I do recommend a better testing kit as well.
 
How can I improve his color?
For my orange fish, I find a black sand always really helps them deepen in color. I also feed the Blood Parrot a little Flowerhorn color food now and then. Also good lighting helps a ton too.

Here's my Blood Parrot named Mary. He's 4-5 years old or so and he's still a pretty decent orange. They tend to fade as they age and not much can often be done about that but younger ones can be vivid.
20210917_001359.webp
 
For my orange fish, I find a black sand always really helps them deepen in color. I also feed the Blood Parrot a little Flowerhorn color food now and then. Also good lighting helps a ton too.

Here's my Blood Parrot named Mary. He's 4-5 years old or so and he's still a pretty decent orange. They tend to fade as they age and not much can often be done about that but younger ones can be vivid.View attachment 143541
do you know anything about feeding fruits with color in them to fish ? idk i just thought of that

yeah i have a black sand and it made my green cories turn brownish red
 

Most reactions

Back
Top