is there any other way

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AgentOrange

Reaction score
Is there any other way of filtering my koi pond with out using electric -_-

Please Help :unsure:

Depends what type of filtering you are referring to. If it's to get rid of their waste(solid) and to circulate water the answer is no. If you want to just keep the water clear and fresh,then I would suggest you plant a lot of oxgenators in the water. A well planted pond will act as a biological filter. Certain plants, such as water lettuce or water chestnut will also act as filters, by absorbing the harmful materials. Depending how many Koi you intend to keep and how big your pond is, I would suggest you fit in a good circulating water pump at the very least. Unfortunately this involves electric.

Why don't you want electricity? Is the pond too far from any service? If so, there are solar options out there, here's one example.
http://www.pumpworld.net/solar_fountain_pump_kits.htm

I'm sure you could get more information by talking to local plumbing and electrical contractors and surfing the net.

Plants are great natural filters, but they won't completely remove the waste. You should occassionally siphon water from the bottom of the pond to remove sediment too, just like an aquarium.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back