Is the python actually worth it?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Wc's on my 40g breeder are a bit of a nightmare using buckets. Its on my dresser so I have to get on a chair and lift the 5g bucket full of water to pour it in. (roughly 45lbs) The water always ends of going in too fast and kicks up the sand.

On amazon the python just went down $10 for the 25ft version. Its about 40 bucks.

Do you guys think its worth it? Are the cheaper brands worth it? HAve any of you used it and if so whats your experience?
Yes. Best fish nonsense thing I ever bought. Though I now know what I’m doing more so would make my own in future.

Absolutely love mine!
Not much else helpful to say though, sorry!
Could do with getting the hook attachment though :)
I think it was you who flagged up the vastly discounted pythons being sold by a West Midlands a year or two back. If so thank you again!

I think its a ripoff that you have to buy it separately... And for $20 extra! So much for just a plastic hook... They should either lower the price or include it with the hose itself
The “hooks” are sold for next to nothing over here for keeping washing machine pipes in place. DIY, Hardware Stores, Plumbers merchants etc probably sell them over there now.

They waste a lot of water and put dirty aquarium water down the drain where it can contaminate natural waterways with diseases and chemicals from the aquarium.
I use mine to drain waste into the far corner of the garden where next doors imported Leylandia trees hog all the rain water that falls in our garden preventing our native plants and bushes from thriving.

I use mine to drain waste into the far corner of the garden where next doors imported Leylandia trees hog all the rain water that falls in our garden preventing our native plants and bushes from thriving.
I water my rose bed & potted plants with old tank water, lots of nutrients in that stuff

Last week I bought the python and just received it today. I ordered the 25ft but received the 50ft instead. I wanted to use it for WC's today, but now I have to contact the seller and tell them I got the wrong size.

You can disassemble the hose parts and then you can just cut the 50 ft hose down to whatever length you want. Then reassemble . Save the extra length to use years later once the hose gets gunked up with crud and algae..
When reassembling , it helps to heat the hose end with a hair dryer or soak in very hot water.

You can disassemble the hose parts and then you can just cut the 50 ft hose down to whatever length you want. Then reassemble . Save the extra length to use years later once the hose gets gunked up with crud and algae..
When reassembling , it helps to heat the hose end with a hair dryer or soak in very hot water.
The lenghth is not really a problem, but it wouldn't be honest to keep it without telling the seller they sent the wrong size.

The lenghth is not really a problem, but it wouldn't be honest to keep it without telling the seller they sent the wrong size.
That is admirable, I wish more youngun's had your morals. That being said, my guess is that they will tell you to keep it. The shipping costs to return and ship a new one is likely more than their margin. Plus, they will likely treat it as a returned item.

That is admirable, I wish more youngun's had your morals. That being said, my guess is that they will tell you to keep it. The shipping costs to return and ship a new one is likely more than their margin. Plus, they will likely treat it as a returned item.
Honesty is always the best policy. Its very likely they'll let me keep it.

maybe they were out of the smaller ones and sent the bigger one instead.

I did an online order last week and they gave me smaller containers of some vitamins but gave me extra to compensate. Might be they did something similar for you.

Most reactions

Back