Is the python actually worth it?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Neolamprologus similis stay in the lower 6 inches of the tank and rarely come to the surface. Why waste money on a lid if you don't really need one?
Evaporation, and to keep noxious foreign materials/critters out of the tank, off the top of my head....

Neolamprologus similis stay in the lower 6 inches of the tank and rarely come to the surface. Why waste money on a lid if you don't really need one?
My gudgeons don't go to the surface much but do when they feed... I still have one because it protects the water from things going in and helps with evaporation

I used a plastic hose and 1, 1.5 or 2 litre plastic drink bottle to drain and gravel clean tanks. A garden hose fits inside the top of the bottle or you can use a bigger diameter hose to go on the outside of the top of the bottle (where the cap normally goes). The bigger diameter hose drains water faster.

To make a gravel cleaner, cut the bottom off the plastic bottle and throw the bottom bit in the recycling.
Remove the cap and plastic ring from the top and throw those 2 bits away.

Get a length of garden hose and put it in the top of the bottle. Run hose out the door onto the lawn. Start gravel cleaning tanks.

-------------------
To refill tanks, get a large plastic container or wheelie bin and put it near the tank. Use a hose to fill the container with tap water. Add dechlorinaor and aerate vigorously for 30 minutes.

Get a small water pump and length of clear hose. Attach the hose to the outlet of the water pump.

Make a U out of pvc pipe elbows and put the end of the hose into one end of the U. Hang the U over the side of the tank and turn the pump on.

*NB* If you use a garden hose to fill buckets or tanks, flush the hose out for 5 minutes before collecting water. Garden hoses have a softening agent that leaches into the water and is poisonous to all life. Running tap water through the hose for 5 minutes before collecting water removes the toxin.

To refill tanks, get a large plastic container or wheelie bin and put it near the tank. Use a hose to fill the container with tap water. Add dechlorinaor and aerate vigorously for 30 minutes.

Get a small water pump and length of clear hose. Attach the hose to the outlet of the water pump.

Make a U out of pvc pipe elbows and put the end of the hose into one end of the U. Hang the U over the side of the tank and turn the pump on.
with the price of plastic containers and water pumps and PVC in the US it'll probably end up somewhere around 40 bucks anyway.

Is there anything that's bad about the Python?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back