Is she Pregnant?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

We need to see the side bottom much clearer than that, please. Several pics. Iā€™d like to see another pic of the pregnant one too because she does look smaller in this pic.

image.jpg This is the fish I am trying to sex
image.jpg This is the pregnant fish

Still really too blurry. A female has a fan shaped fin on bottom whereas a male has a more tucked in or stick like fin on bottom.

Ok Iā€™m pretty sure she is a female then. Iā€™ll post another picture in the morning. Sorry for the bad picture!

By the way Iā€™m talking about the one with the yellow tail not the orange one. Sorry for the confusion.

The one with the yellow tail is a female.

image.jpg I just bought a breeding box for my guppy. I just wanted to know when I should move her into it. Sorry if the picture is to blurry. Iā€™ll take another one if needed.

Ps. I didnā€™t know if I should make a new thread or stick with this one.

Last edited:
Sheā€™snit Ready yet. Once she squares off onthe bottom Iā€™d move her.

Breeding boxes are not a good idea as they stress the mother. Moving a heavily pregnant fish can also harm her and the unborn fry. The best way is to leave the mother to have her fry in the tank, but have lots of fine leaved plants in there as well for the fry to hide in.

I know it is a natural response to want to save all the fry but each female will have fry every month. The tank will soon be very overpopulated if they all survive, and there's a limit to the amount you can give away (you'll run out of people who want them)

Ok, I will be considering buying more plants for the plants to hide in. I may just move the fry into the breeding box once they do give birth.

Breeding boxes are not a good idea as they stress the mother. Moving a heavily pregnant fish can also harm her and the unborn fry. The best way is to leave the mother to have her fry in the tank, but have lots of fine leaved plants in there as well for the fry to hide in.

I know it is a natural response to want to save all the fry but each female will have fry every month. The tank will soon be very overpopulated if they all survive, and there's a limit to the amount you can give away (you'll run out of people who want them)
I agree with essjay but didnā€™t want to say anything since you had bought your breeder box. I try to catch the fry and put them in a separate tank after birth.

Has she gotten any larger? Can we please get another pic?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back