Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is my tank overstocked?

Discussion in 'New to the Hobby Questions and Answers' started by Cloudeia, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Cloudeia

Cloudeia New Member

Hi! I have a ten gallon tank, and I’m just wondering if it’s overstocked. I have a really good filter and all my fish seem happy and healthy, but I do have quite a few. I have
    3 cories
    4 adult guppies
    7 young guppies(around 3-4months)
    3 juveniles
    And 3 fry

2. Byron

Byron Member

The mature (adult) guppies and the cories are all you can handle, and the fry will add more to the load. The cories should have a couple more, though I am hesitant to suggest it here. But they should always be in groups of at least five, more being preferable as they are very social and few can be stressful.

3. Cloudeia

Cloudeia New Member

My oldest cory was alone for a while and I felt really bad but couldn’t afford to get him more friends(I got another one with him but he died around a month later, unknown cause). He’s a peppered cory, and I got two emerald bronze cories for him. I’m thinking of selling my guppies on kijiji or something, getting a two more peppered cories and one more green bronze so there’s three of each kind and then getting a Betta as a show fish, would the Betta harm the cories?