What's new

Is my tank cycled??

Hokieokieamy

Reaction score
Hey! So I’ve had a long journey of cycling my tank but now the ammonia keeps reading 0.25 ppm and 0 nitrate after many additions of ammonia and waiting 24 hrs. Is it possible my kit is just hard to distinguish between 0.25 and 0? It’s the API test kit which I heard can be misleading at the low levels of ammonia. On a side note, I tested my established tank and it’s reading the same thing. So am I ready?! Here’s a picture of the test tubes. The one on the right is for my established tank and the ones on the left is for my new tank.

Thanks!!

Attachments

PheonixKingZ

Fish Gatherer
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
It is very hard to tell from a photo. You ph looks to be around 7.2, which is OK. Just from the picture, it looks to be that your tank is cycled. I’m not 100% sure though, just because it’s a photo.

OP
Hokieokieamy

Hokieokieamy

Reaction score
It is very hard to tell from a photo. You ph looks to be around 7.2, which is OK. Just from the picture, it looks to be that your tank is cycled. I’m not 100% sure though, just because it’s a photo.
That’s my nitrite, not pH, haha sorry I should have specified that. Yeah my picture isn’t of the best quality but in person, the two test tubes look the same color and Not that bright yellow color like it’s supposed to be - but like I said, I think it might be a manufacturer flaw?

PheonixKingZ

Fish Gatherer
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
It’s very unlikely it’s the manufactures fault. Do you have any friends with a API master test kit? If you did, you could use theirs to compare.

Oh...I though that was your ph, my bad. Then it’s good. It looks like a big fat 0 to me. :)

trending

Most reactions - Past 7 days