Is my shrimp dead?

Lana10

Reaction score
Is my shrimp dead? Iā€™m sure itā€™s legs are still moving

Attachments

• 87070689-635C-4323-A4A3-D6A778E86A8D.jpeg
    87070689-635C-4323-A4A3-D6A778E86A8D.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 73
Anyone able to advise as to why this may have happened when all of my other shrimp are just fine. In fact one of my ghost shrimp has already shred and itā€™s fine

Anyone able to advise as to why this may have happened when all of my other shrimp are just fine. In fact one of my ghost shrimp has already shred and itā€™s fine
It does not look that good. From the photo, it looks like a cherry shrimp?

What other fish/invertebrates are in the tank?

It does not look that good. From the photo, it looks like a cherry shrimp?

What other fish/invertebrates are in the tank?
I believe it is a cherry shrimp. I also have 1 blue shrimp, 2 other cherry shrimp and 2 ghost shrimp, a small snail which spends a lot of time above the water line, 4 male guppies and 7 cardinal tetras

I believe it is a cherry shrimp. I also have 1 blue shrimp, 2 other cherry shrimp and 2 ghost shrimp, a small snail which spends a lot of time above the water line, 4 male guppies and 7 cardinal tetras
Itā€™s very unlikely that any of the other stock injured your shrimp. Are there any signs of injury on the body of the shrimp? (Open wounds, white rings, etc.)

No there was absolutely nothing. It was one of the smallest out of the shrimp I have.

In my experience Shrimp turn white when they die.

Is it dead? Still moving?
It was dead. I put the net in and it didnā€™t move or anything so Iā€™ve discarded of it but just strange as all the other living things in the tank are fine

Did you make sure it wasn't just an empty shed shell? Shrimp shed their outer carapaces every once in a while and they can sometimes look like dead shrimp.

It seemed way to full to be a shred. I will search the tank later and see if itā€™s there or not

Did you make sure it wasn't just an empty shed shell? Shrimp shed their outer carapaces every once in a while and they can sometimes look like dead shrimp.
Defiantly not a shed skin.

It was dead. I put the net in and it didnā€™t move or anything so Iā€™ve discarded of it but just strange as all the other living things in the tank are fine
I'm sorry for your loss... Are any other fish showing sickness symptoms?

Ok. Thatā€™s a bummer that one died, but itā€™s just the circle of life. Keep an eye out for the shrimp from now on.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back