Is my filter system inadequate?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I clean mine once every 2 weeks.

The suckers don't stick to the glass if they are getting old and rigid, and if the glass is dirty - that applies to all filters which attach with sucker. At least with Eheim filters we can get replacement suckers. I had one filter years ago where the suckers couldn't be removed so when they went rigid they couldn't be replaced.

I clean mine once every 2 weeks.

The suckers don't stick to the glass if they are getting old and rigid, and if the glass is dirty - that applies to all filters which attach with sucker. At least with Eheim filters we can get replacement suckers. I had one filter years ago where the suckers couldn't be removed so when they went rigid they couldn't be replaced.
OK... so the consensus is that there's probably not a problem with my tank or my fishkeeping technique so much as there's a problem with the design of my filter, and I should get a better one. The Eheim range looks like a good choice if I want to stay in-tank; HOBs are an alternative if I can find the space behind the tank, and a canister system would be the best solution, but the most expensive.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back