Is My Danio Sick?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

luckyd

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello all. I have a danio in an established 34-gallon tank that has been acting strange for the past few days. Instead of swimming around with the rest of the danios near the top of the tank he (she?) has been "pacing" back and forth in the same spot near the bottom of the tank behind a cave. The weird thing is he does come up to eat with the rest of the gang but shoots back to his hiding spot when done. My school of 5 danios has been happy in this tank for months. They share it with two male platys, a young & peaceful golden algae eater, three small corys, and one DoJo that is new to the tank. The only recent change to the tank was the addition of two DoJo loaches about a week ago, but one of them died within 12 hours. The other is fine and healthy.

Please help! If this behavior means some type of sickness, perhaps there's still time to save him if I can figure out what's going on. Or, is it possible that "he" is a "she", and this is some type of breeding behavior? Thanks for any help you can give me.

I'd suggest keeping an eye on him, One of my tetras does this everynow and then.
he was just spooked by something as turning the lights of after a few moments he come out to hang with the gang

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back