Is My Cory Doing Better Today?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Good news! My cory girl has been outside today two times and when i go she doesn't run off, now she just stops doing what she is doing. She still seems to be in a little bit of pain, but hopefully she will make it!! I am very excited however i do think that she is blind on the side that she was injured because she doesn't seem concious of what is happening on the side of the injury... is it possible that she is blind?

As long as she lives and lives comfortably, i don't think that being blind on one side should bother her...should it?

It is possible that the sight is affected, especially if the eye sustained a bit of damage.

she should be fine with one eye though right? I mean i know she may have trouble seeing things on one side but she should get used to it right>

He will be fine with one eye if it does come to that being the long term case. Corys generally go by feel on the bottom of the tank, finding food on the bottom by sifting through the substrate. Any vision issues, whether short term or long term will have minimal effect on the quality of life.

dang it....now i just found her spinning like out of control flying around the tank and then stopped laying around on its side on top of its cave..... :( will it die? This was so sudden

dang it....now i just found her spinning like out of control flying around the tank and then stopped laying around on its side on top of its cave..... :( will it die? This was so sudden

Yeah, everything was looking so positive this morning! I was hoping so very much that she would get better! :sad:

On a side note... At my local lfs a guy donated a fish to their indoor pond that was completely blind. Somehow he had lost both of his eyes :-( But he was living a happy life last I checked.

I'm going to establish the hospital tank right now before i have to leave

The wound might still be infected and what ever it is might be resisting the current treatment (if any applied). I hope the cory manages to get back to normal.

Same here i am going to put it in a 2.5 gal hospital tank with a cave and filter.... no heater but cories do like cooler temperatures and my room temp is 77 degrees constant. My treatment is keeping the water clean and healthy with 50% water changes. Right now i am not adding any meds because it can make it worse :( im still trying to find out which i should give her and then buy it

What makes me so angry is that she is in pain and all i am doing is living my normal life and just changing water for her....it feels so useless and she seems like she just wants to die and end the pain but i really don't want to abandon her until she is truly dead
cry1.gif

Most reactions

Back