Irritated and frustrated...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Well friends, no worries... I'm totally over it!
I was just irritated by their unjustified harsh behavior while I was keeping my calm.
But yes, it turned out that those staff members of this particular group are fairly young people. And it turned out that more members had a problem with them. They seem to live by only what they think is a correct way of keeping busy with aquaristics. To me it's more important that the topic starter has been helped with her question. I was tagged to help her out. But that wasn't appreciated by the staff. And I didn't even force myself to help the topic starter out. I only reacted because of the tag. So, just being helpful the way I was requested to do.
Funny part is that the topic starter has contacted me afterwards in a pm and thanked me for helping her out.

I regard you as the most tolerant and chilled member of TFF, and was very pleased when you became a mod because of your gentlemanly disposition.
If they irritated you then they are rude, egotistical idiots.
Shame on them.

Never stop helping people that need help, you acted as it should be, I really hope next time you don't become angry, I'm very new at FB, got in because of a single person that is my only friend there and has an illness, it's informative in any case and usefull to learn languages but the world unfortunatelly isn't the right place to be (my modest opinion of course), you shouldn't be disappointed because of this fact. Ab in die Schublade damit!

Y know Iā€™ll bet if we kept this thread on page one we could get EK irritated all over again. Every time he logged on heā€™d see it and go ā€œaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh theyā€™re still doing it, aaaaaaarrrrhhhhhhā€*. Before regaining his public laidback free living Dutch composure and proceeding to help out yet another poor unfortunate aquarist struggling with the intricacies of the hobbyā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..while sercretly gnashing his teeth in angry frustration at this threads continued availability for all to see. Possibly.

*In Dutch obviously.

Muy posible, quiƩn sabe. Many of of The Dutch can speak good German, even if not they could sort of understand it, I know this phenomenon myself, it exists also tween Italian and Spanish, for English it doesn't exist a similar language from the same branch.

Y know Iā€™ll bet if we kept this thread on page one we could get EK irritated all over again. Every time he logged on heā€™d see it and go ā€œaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh theyā€™re still doing it, aaaaaaarrrrhhhhhhā€*. Before regaining his public laidback free living Dutch composure and proceeding to help out yet another poor unfortunate aquarist struggling with the intricacies of the hobbyā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..while sercretly gnashing his teeth in angry frustration at this threads continued availability for all to see. Possibly.

*In Dutch obviously.

Muy posible, quiƩn sabe. Many of of The Dutch can speak good German, even if not they could sort of understand it, I know this phenomenon myself, it exists also tween Italian and Spanish, for English it doesn't exist a similar language from the same branch.
I speak more than just one language. I live close to the German border. From both side of my parents, there's German blood running through my veins as well. English, German and Dutch are all west Germanic languages. There are quite a lot of similarities in words and grammar. But German and Dutch have more similarities. One of the reasons why in general Germans and Dutch people roughly do understand one another.

To MonsieurLaGrenuoille,
Ich wohne in die NƤhe von Gronau (Nordrhein-Westfalen). Und ich habe auch viele Freunde in Berlin. Und die tƤtigen sich alle auch mit LebendgebƤrenden.

French, as well.

I speak more than just one language. I live close to the German border. From both side of my parents, there's German blood running through my veins as well. English, German and Dutch are all west Germanic languages. There are quite a lot of similarities in words and grammar. But German and Dutch have more similarities. One of the reasons why in general Germans and Dutch people roughly do understand one another.

To MonsieurLaGrenuoille,
Ich wohne in die NƤhe von Gronau (Nordrhein-Westfalen). Und ich habe auch viele Freunde in Berlin. Und die tƤtigen sich alle auch mit LebendgebƤrenden.
I very nearly mentioned you ā€œaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhingā€ in multiple languages! Thatā€™s one of the advantages of growing up near a border, it starts with kids watching cartoon and kids tv from both sides of the border and goes from there.
The U.K. and itā€™s governments of all persuasions have had shameful attitudes to foreign language learning for 100s of years now.
Unfortunately the only foreign tv leakage we ever had when I was a kid was from Scotlandā€¦ā€¦..and Iā€™m staying clear of that subject.

To MonsieurLaGrenuoille,
It's my pleasure to meet you, I would be glad if you give me a touch next time you are here via TTF, for a cafe or so and to see my modest aquariums!

Wow.. I was so irritated this evening while I was helping someone out on FB. The question of the topic starter was about Skiffia multipunctata. This is a goodeid. She got some of those fish but didn't know what they were. One of the members of that group tagged me. So, that I could help the topic starter out. A staff member removed all of my replies with the exception of one. They gave me a reply that said that I was promoting myself and my website, which wasn't the case. I didn't even mention my website's name. But it came down to, that I was too knowledgeable to them. But no one on the board even knew that it was a livebearer to start with. Just because they only knew the commercial common livebearers as guppies, swordtails, mollies and platies. I have even send them some feedbacks in a normal, adult and decent way. But the responses were very harsh towards me. Such people shouldn't be a board member to start with if they can not even behave themselves.
I avoid facebook groups like the plague, let me do my own informed thing.

Wow.. I was so irritated this evening while I was helping someone out on FB. The question of the topic starter was about Skiffia multipunctata. This is a goodeid. She got some of those fish but didn't know what they were. One of the members of that group tagged me. So, that I could help the topic starter out. A staff member removed all of my replies with the exception of one. They gave me a reply that said that I was promoting myself and my website, which wasn't the case. I didn't even mention my website's name. But it came down to, that I was too knowledgeable to them. But no one on the board even knew that it was a livebearer to start with. Just because they only knew the commercial common livebearers as guppies, swordtails, mollies and platies. I have even send them some feedbacks in a normal, adult and decent way. But the responses were very harsh towards me. Such people shouldn't be a board member to start with if they can not even behave themselves.
Facebook prioritizes posts that are divisive, negative, and mean, because they boost engagement, create controversy, and generate much more advertising $$ than nice, respectful ones. Itā€™s not just the board members, but given your experience, just imagine how many more negative comments those same people spew out on a regular basis.

Most reactions

Back