Introduction

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

@Joe80 Can you tell us the dimensions of your tank, please, particularly the length and front to back measurements. A lot of 60 litre tanks are 60 cm (24 inches) long and a footprint of 60 x 30 cm is the recommended minimum for harlequins and bigger than the recommended minimum for sterbai cories.
Swimming length is often more important than volume.

If this is the size of your tank, there are no problems.

@Joe80 Can you tell us the dimensions of your tank, please, particularly the length and front to back measurements. A lot of 60 litre tanks are 60 cm (24 inches) long and a footprint of 60 x 30 cm is the recommended minimum for harlequins and bigger than the recommended minimum for sterbai cories.
Swimming length is often more important than volume.

If this is the size of your tank, there are no problems.
Hi essjay. Thanks for the reply. The foot print of my tank is 560 x 290. So it is a bit to small really. Think I’ll get a bigger tank

It's not that much smaller, 4 cm lengthways and 1 cm front to back. You should be OK for now, but if you want to get more fish, I would go with the bigger tank.

There is a condition which affects fish keepers called multi tank syndrome. The main symptom is the desire for more and more tanks. If you succumb to this, you can still have a nice community of so-called nano fish in the current tank ;)

It's not that much smaller, 4 cm lengthways and 1 cm front to back. You should be OK for now, but if you want to get more fish, I would go with the bigger tank.

There is a condition which affects fish keepers called multi tank syndrome. The main symptom is the desire for more and more tanks. If you succumb to this, you can still have a nice community of so-called nano fish in the current tank ;)
Well I would like a bigger tank really...who doesn’t .

Well I would like a bigger tank really...who doesn’t .

I only started keeping fish a year ago, just wanted a little guppy/shrimp tank. Then guppies did what guppies do, got a second tank. Joined this forum, had a third tank within a week. MTS is a serious condition ;)
Your tank is really pretty, and it's a nice tank, well scaped.

@essjay is really knowledgeable, if she says that your current stock should be okay in your current tank, you can trust her word. :) Just that the tank is probably fully stocked now, so if you want to get more, it'll be upgrade time. If you're content with it as it is, then you'll probably be fine, and it's lovely as it is!

If you're ever looking for another tank though, I've seen some bargains on gumtree. Some rubbish tanks, but some good ones too that just need a clean and a leak test, but a lot cheaper than brand new aquariums.

I only started keeping fish a year ago, just wanted a little guppy/shrimp tank. Then guppies did what guppies do, got a second tank. Joined this forum, had a third tank within a week. MTS is a serious condition ;)
Your tank is really pretty, and it's a nice tank, well scaped.

@essjay is really knowledgeable, if she says that your current stock should be okay in your current tank, you can trust her word. :) Just that the tank is probably fully stocked now, so if you want to get more, it'll be upgrade time. If you're content with it as it is, then you'll probably be fine, and it's lovely as it is!

If you're ever looking for another tank though, I've seen some bargains on gumtree. Some rubbish tanks, but some good ones too that just need a clean and a leak test, but a lot cheaper than brand new aquariums.
Thanks :). Haha yeah think I may also be succumbing to MTS.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back