Interested in breeding gardneri killifish. Have some questions

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I saw some gardneri killis at my lfs and I saw a pair that were dancing around each other. Iā€™m very interested in these fish. I have some options. Can they go in my 20 long with neon and ember tetras? If that doesnā€™t work I have a 10 gallon. Are pairs ok? Can the eggs hatch naturally?

Put the pr in the 10 gallon with a thin layer of substrate and lots of plants (Java Moss and Water Sprite). Have an air operated sponge filter in the tank and keep the water around 24-26C.

Do big water changes and feed the adults a variety of different dry, frozen and live foods.

The adults don't normally eat their eggs but might eat their young if they are hungry. The newly hatched babies will swim just under the surface among the Water Sprite and you can use a small plastic container to scoop them out and put them in a rearing tank.

The following link has information on culturing food for baby fish.

Put the pr in the 10 gallon with a thin layer of substrate and lots of plants (Java Moss and Water Sprite). Have an air operated sponge filter in the tank and keep the water around 24-26C.

Do big water changes and feed the adults a variety of different dry, frozen and live foods.

The adults don't normally eat their eggs but might eat their young if they are hungry. The newly hatched babies will swim just under the surface among the Water Sprite and you can use a small plastic container to scoop them out and put them in a rearing tank.

The following link has information on culturing food for baby fish.
Ok so itā€™s not necessary to remove the eggs?i donā€™t even need a spawning mop? Do they need a trio or is a pair fine

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back