Informational reaction

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishFinatic77

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I saw this on another forum I'm on, and I thought it was a good idea. We should have an "informational" reaction, to mark comments that are particularly helpful. We can "like" anything, but we need a way to show that a comment has very good or important information.

I saw this on another forum I'm on, and I thought it was a good idea. We should have an "informational" reaction, to mark comments that are particularly helpful. We can "like" anything, but we need a way to show that a comment has very good or important information.
Good luck, I have been trying to get an agree to button for a while now....lol.. :)

What would the reaction be though?
Like is a thumbs up
Laughing is well... a laughing face
Sad is a crying face
What would a good information icon be?

I think the reason why we don’t have an “agree” button, is because members would rather tell each other they agree, and then explain why.

I know there was a discussion a year or so ago, about adding an “agree” button.

I think the reason why we don’t have an “agree” button, is because members would rather tell each other they agree, and then explain why.

I know there was a discussion a year or so ago, about adding an “agree” button.
yea now its just people saying "i concur" "i agree" "yea"

yea now its just people saying "i concur" "i agree" "yea"
TFF used to have an “agree” button back when I first joined, but they got rid of it in the newest update. (I remember it was a green check mark)

TFF used to have an “agree” button back when I first joined, but they got rid of it in the newest update. (I remember it was a green check mark)
huh! that is cool, ill check that on the rewind snapshot macine thing

No, it's different than an agree reaction. Basically it marks a very helpful and informational comment. So if someone would like to quickly find information, they could just look for the informational reaction.

No, it's different than an agree reaction. Basically it marks a very helpful and informational comment. So if someone would like to quickly find information, they could just look for the informational reaction.
Oooo that is a very interesting idea. If everyone could mark it though, do you think it would get overused and lose its significance?

Oooo that is a very interesting idea. If everyone could mark it though, do you think it would get overused and lose its significance?
On a lot of other forums, people have over 190k likes, just because everyone likes every single post that person makes. That would be an instance of a reaction being overused.

I think it may be confusing to a new person, because someone may mark a post that is completely incorrect as “informational” and the newbie might take that advice over solid (true) advice.

I don’t know really. :dunno:

On a lot of other forums, people have over 190k likes, just because everyone likes every single post that person makes. That would be an instance of a reaction being overused.

I think it may be confusing to a new person, because someone may mark a post that is completely incorrect as “informational” and the newbie might take that advice over solid (true) advice.

I don’t know really. :dunno:
I think it is a very cool idea, but would definitely need some regulations and such, and maybe even moderators having to verify it or something

Mods could use it when they are happy with an informative post. But it needs to be controlled. The members could ask mods to click a post as informative but the final decision would be the mods.
i think we need more reactions in general...
??????

I think it is a very cool idea, but would definitely need some regulations and such, and maybe even moderators having to verify it or something

Mods could use it when they are happy with an informative post. But it needs to be controlled. The members could ask mods to click a post as informative but the final decision would be the mods.

Yeah, it should probably be controlled to prevent it from being overused.

@Fishmanic @WhistlingBadger would something like this be a possibility?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back