April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

loraxchick

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
hi folks,
just wanting some info about red tailed sharks. i know they can be quite agressive and want to know a little but more about them. my brother in law is trying to find a new home for his 2.5 inch RTS. i think i MAY be able to rehome him into my 55 gal turtle tank, but just want to know if he will harass my cories that i have in with my turtle. id hate for such peaceful fish to be stressed out by his introduction. My brother in law is rehomming the shark because he is now harassing his tetras- id hate the same to happen to the cories that i have, but id like to help if i could.
any info on this would be much appreciated!
cheers!!!

general rule of thumb is as they get bigger they get nastier. mine started off so docile and by the time he was 2.5" he was a total wan__r . of course there are exceptions to the rule but imo if he is starting to harrass fish now he will only get worse as he gets bigger. mine even used to beat up on a severum and a blue acara!

Thanks for the advice. i had a feeling. if the search function WORKED i would have researched it there. it was difficult to find any useful info on them other than they are agressive to this species or that species, but never a mention of bottom dwellers. i am going to take him and rehome the cories in with my betta. he already has cory experience and leaves them alone (if not amused my following them around when he's bored ot check out what they're up to).
so it'll just be him and the turtle, and id like to see him harass her! she's a feisty beast!
thanks guys.

*** so we're all in agreement that the shark w/ the cories is asking for trouble then?***
anyone else?

*** so we're all in agreement that the shark w/ the cories is asking for trouble then?***
anyone else?

Agreed. RTS can be very aggressive and should really only be kept with other fish of similar nature who can fight back.

Unfortunately, too many LFSs sell them as 'community fish', which they often aren't.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back