info on geophagus

Spin

Reaction score
Here is hoping someone can help! I recently purchased 4 geophagus iporangensis from an auction. I knew that they were rare but now I can't find any info on them except one pic on the i-net. If anyone has info it would be great help. They are only 1-1 1/2 inches and they are beautiful. Can't wait to see them as adults.
Thank you in advance :)

Well theres not alot around about them, all I can find is that pic u found and this

Thank you for looking. I know that they are new to the hobby here in CAN and I am tring to track down the breeder. He is a member of another aqurium club. I guess it is a learn as we go for now! Thanks again

Yep, tough search, best I came up with is this. Perhaps you could try to obtain a copy of this newsletter. If not, there is a contact link to the author on the home pg., tho I dunno if it's valid. :unsure:

Actually that is the breeder of my guys! I am trying to obtain a copy of it but not as easy as I thought it would be! Thanks for looking!! You guys are great!! :D

StiX said:
Well theres not alot around about them, all I can find is that pic u found and this
if the fish that is in the pic of the link that he posted... then its a false name.... this is why you cant find any info.. try to search on Geophagus Brasiliensis ;)
i will post later again

after another one search i made... i found a pic from this geophagus iporangensis... but i think he is a strain of geophagus brasiliensis... here is a pic i found of geo iporangensis
ipor.jpg

and here is a pic of full grown male Geo Brasiliensis... see the resemblance...
brasil.jpg
isnt obvious?

You are right the iporangensis is very similar to the brasiliensis but ARE different species. I recieved the article from the breeder and he says that the main difference is the head shape and the body isn't as deep. Males grow to be about 8". Thank you for you research!! :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back