info on convicts

angel_lover

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi im juts looking for some info on convicts,i rescued 2 last night from the living hell they were in and i know nothing at all about then if anyone could just let me know the basic like what food,temperatues stuff like that would help alot....thanks :)

ok..... *loks confused* ................ *wanders off*.................*shouts help i'm lost*............ -_-

well i didnt actually steal them but they were about to die a huge oscar,a pleco 2 convicts and some other big yellow fish in a 27 gallon :eek: i think its for the best :nod:

Don't quote me on it, but I hear you can feed oscars on lumps of defrosted, frozen fish (haddock or whatever) and prawns. But I gather they are rather like waste disposal units when it comes to food. Just don't give them anything fatty, including meat, since they can't digest it.

oh i dont have the oscar Anna just the convicts for now and i may take the yellow one.I just took the ones that looked like they were about to die,i dont even know if that is the right name for them maybe ill post a clearer pic to make sure and i dont know if they cost alot because like i said i know nothing about them

I haven't ever seen a yellow convict. I have a pink one and a striped one.
The low-down on Con's tho is they will eat a typical cichlid diet of flakes or pellets, I also feed my frozen bbs, frozen bloodworms, and frozen krill.
They can be very territorial, *especially* when breeding. And if you have a pair, they will breed like rabbits. The females with have orange on their bellies once they reach sexual maturity. Both of mine are females and have the orange color on them probably 90% of the time even tho there are no male cons with them.
I think once fully grown they are about 5-6".
Hope some of this helps!

thank the lord!!!a reply...thanks alot :) ya the yellow i dont know what he is but i didnt take it,but i took the 2 black and grey striped ones and i think they are both males,they pick on each other alot but they dont actually fight,looks more like playing to me :look:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back