Impulse buy apathy.

sub.42

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd share a little problem I have, you never know, it might amuse you.....

I have been trying for many months to achieve my 'aquascape'. I have spent a lot of money on plants, huge bacopa, wisteria, oak-leaf....the list goes on. After several visits to Greenline's website, my mission was over........not.

I was putting the finishing touches to my tank, and was at the point of actually leaving it alone! Amazing, I had always been fiddling with this bit or that bit. I felt that it was how I wanted it. Me. Bliss. Thats what its all about.

Woke the following morning to the sound of the little people smashing the place up. Hmmm........must be Saturday then....

Wrong....... Sunday...... Bored Wife...... Shops and credit card bashing in mind.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

So, to keep the peace, I left the water-change till later. I got into the car and was driven at a worryingly fast pace to the local DIY store. We all climbed out and marched inside........

I'd been done. She had already carried out a sortie, and knew that she had a captive audience. But where did she go? Not to he Kitchen isle.....PHEW!...
We even avoided the bathroom isle........eh? Hmmm, not good.

We turned the corner, and I was greeted by a sight that would strike fear into the heart of the most hardened fish keeping type person.

LAMINATE FLOORING!

I turned to her and begged to be told that it was not for the living room.....the home of my beloved Rio 180..in all its planted beauty.

It was...

Tank on the move folks, dead fish and plants abound.... :(

I'm sad.

Sub.

StarOrbs said:
That sucks. :( Why did she want laminate flooring in a living room?
Ha!

You ask a man who has at least 6 hours work moving tank inhabitants to second tank in utility room, that has not been cycled.

I then have a further two days work to lay the flooring.

Then all fishy friends and plants back to main tank.

I must have been very naughty. :crazy:

Sub.

PS, I guess divorce is on the cards. I must obey.

REVENGE!

Have just pulled the 35 gallon from the yard!

Now going to set it up with my backup Fluval 4+.

Blocking the freezer and tumble dryer. (Girlie must haves apparently)

Tough. :p

Want fishies and plants to live.

Sub.

Education, not torture.

Lol feel for you,

...just laminate up to the base?? :look:

www :)

lol - this is a great thread!

I'g go for the laminate up to the base option too..

actually i'd go for the - i like the feel of carpet under my feet option... It'll be everso cold under foot ;) ;) and noisey... not to mention the damage kid will do... :whistle:

She must have noticed you working on and then finally one day finishing your tank, so the next day she goes and makes you move it. I would say that there is either tension in the relationship or a communication problem or both. She wants the tank in the "utility" room? That's like in with the brooms and laundry detergent, where the tank will sparsley be seen right? That's not good. An aquarium (especially a planted one) is meant to be an important decoration to the house, a sort of pride and joy if you will. Not something to be shut out in a dark corner. It's cruel to just whip a tank around like that. Granted, if the floor needs to be redone, then redo it. Just put the tank back in a place where it can be admired.

jeez sub.... that's truly awful. anyone who has fiddled with an aquascape to get it just right feels your pain! I've just got a little baby planted tank but it took me ages of fiddling to be happy with it.
ok. it's not really done. but at least I'm not struck with the urge to have my hand in the tank every time I look at it now!

<LOL!!!! Ryo, ya, like that's gonna work!>

Sub, you guys have *discussed* your home reno plans right? Don't laminate up to the base. You'll regret it.
I'd move the tank to a temp location, do the floor and anything else while you're at it then put the tank back as the pièce de résistance! :D

Classic and good luck with it. Weve just decorating 2 months ago and then placed my 8 x 2 x 2 tank in place, now the wife decides the laminate we already have doesnt match the wallpaper and she wants new laminate floor....tough, theres no chance im taking a 200g tank down for abit of floor!!!

let us know how you get on :clap:

Cut the carpet then do the florring around the tank. If she don't like that then a dry back-hander across the chops should sort it. :D

Yep,

All the hassle has started!

I filled the tank in the utilty room, and decided to keep it as a 'clean base' tank. It's easier that way I thought.

I have been filling the tank up with my water change water. I have installed a Fluval 4+, and have been watching it fill slowly.

I then stopped to look at my tank.

I mean really look at it. There must be over a £100 worth of plants in there, at least.

The clean base tank idea was a no go-er. In went another 20Kg of coral sand, and then I felt that I may aswell put some laterite in aswell......

The damn spare tank is now a co2'd, spawn-of-living-room tank, with all the goodies!

It has a heater cable, and all the 'spare' backup bits that were lamenting in the shed!

I have had to borrow heaters however, my outhouse/utilty area is so cold it needed 900w of heating!

Net result?

One day wasted on setting up spare tank, two days left to go on laying floor, and a seperate hook-up to the national grid!

The lighting is a little precarious, but it will do.

But then I went back to the main tank.

"Ummm, what are the jade-eyes up to?" I asked my Wife. She had a squint in the tank, and confirmed my suspicions.

Spawning... :crazy:

The floor is now on hold guys...... :rofl:

I want those babies....

Sub.

This is whats about to be destroyed.

Not a fantastic picture I know, but here goes.

Sub.

Attachments

• DSC00214.JPG
    DSC00214.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 56
AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!

When it goes wrong, it goes wrong.

That picture is prior to the last installment of plants, hang on, I'll try the other Jpeg.....

Sub.

Attachments

• DSC00202.JPG
    DSC00202.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 70

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back