Immortal ACF

Sorrell

If you're a bird, I'm a bird
Reaction score
Hi there, I have an ACF that I got as an EGG for Easter in one of those Grow a Frog kits when I was three years old. She is now 22 years old. Is this normal?! Don't get me wrong I love her and think she is so fun. The greatest part is that I get to watch my kids react to her feeding and habits in the same way that I probably did as a child.

More info:
My frog (Jaba) is in a ten gallon heated tank
She eats two nightcrawlers every three days (about ten years ago I fed
feeders, but I was worried to introduce disease)
I change 40% every two weeks
She is a million years old :fun:

What is the normal lifespan of these frogs?

Hi Sorrell :)

All I can say is WOW!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jaba has had a long and happy life and must be the life-span record holder on this forum, for sure! :nod:

I seem to find 15 years being a normal life span for an ACF, but I thought I had heard longer than that. Do you have a picture of him?

Here's a link with some interesting information about them:

http://www.geocities.com/ptimlin/xenopus.html

Thanks everyone, I was actually worried that I might catch some heat for not varying her diet, but since this has worked for so long, I'm afraid if I add something new it might stress her out or something. I'll try to put a picture up later today.

Vey impressive ,Sorrell :eek: :thumbs:

I'm not a frog person but I must say....wow,wow,wow!!! No one in their right mind can give you any heat for what you feed her, you're obviously doing something right!!!! Good job!

I can't help but laugh at the thought of a frog living for decades. Through your childhood and now your children :lol: Maybe she'll stick around long enough to meet your children's children :lol: Who knew that a frog could be a lifelong companion :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back