Im Stuck With Scott's Tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hi scott and everyone else

the chvron tang is looking so much better few spots on the fins and tail

The tank is already full of goldfish this morining

i have only got one problem i have fish breathing heavily this morning and suggestions every thing is testing spot onn
what causes this

Hi

dose anyone know what could make the fish breath heavily water stats as of today are:

PH 8.2
amm 0
nit 0
nitrate 10
temp 26.6
salt 1.024
phos 1.0
mag 1320
calicum 490

is there anything wrong with my tests here thanks james

is tehre a pump breaking the surface of the water? if there isnt much surface movement then there might not be enough oxygen in there

hi it is fowlr and there is 7 powerheads in there so there a lot of water movment and there is a wet and dry tricle filter on it also just called scott there he dosnt know so i have to ask you guys he also suggested to me to clean out the wet and dry trickle filter what do you reckon

a quick clean wouldn't go amiss james..just keep an eye over next couple of days as this heavy breathing can be a precursor to a white spot outbreak..if chevron was in there before being quarantined he may have spread it...don't worry but as may only require a freshen up of the filter to aid their breathing...point one of the power heads towards the surface meantime as ben suggests as this will allow more oxygen into the system..but the ph points to thhis not really being a major problem here...if low in oxygen and a carbon dioxide build up the ph would be dropping

Hello

Ok i need to be a pain in the Ars right now i have just came back to scotts house and the tank the fish where breathing heavily in have settled alot but one fish has died it is all black and has an orange teardrop at the end of the tail has died not a mark on him/her what would of caused this?

So sorry scott!

james

Sounds like an achilles tang there..very sensitive and hard to maintain..even worse than powder blues....may have been stress or an internal parasite...nowt you could have done there james..i'm sure scott will understand...

do i need to treat the tank with anything

just looked at google it the ahilles tang

Lift out the tang and pop in freezer in a bag for him to inspect on return and if others look fine , then no..best to allow them to settle down again...if tang was ill earlier it could have been shooting frantically around the tank causing stress to the others and hence the heavy breathing

scotts not a happy bunny right now :crazy: but he said it wasnt my fault it where he got it from it was ill and he knows it wasnt going to make it had hole in head or something like that it was in a right state but he didnt know it was going to spiral and was very thin then just before he left it bloated up was huge but didnt know it was going to die

i am away tomorrow so its a late night getting everything onn timers and fish fed its going to be a fiest tonight hehe

Least he didn't blame you james if he knew it was already infected..good luck with your settings and enjoy the sun cos i'm sure if like here you ain't seen too much lately over there,lol

Sorry about the achilles, never nice to lose a fish so stunning, let alone when your looking after a tank for someone.

Hop you have a lovely time out there, if weather further North is owt like here, you will have better weather even if you get rain, its bound to be warmer.

Good luck with the timers.

Most reactions

trending

Back