Im Stuck With Scott's Tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I think you can treat it with the UV onn all it says remove active carbon and turn off skimmer

what do you reckon

melafix is herbal based with no active chemical ingredients...would leave it off and continue with the oodinex instead mate if that has been used previously...not recomended to mix treatments so close together.....

sorry to keep messing you about here james,lol...

should be fine as no active chemical in it depending on tea tree oil instead....

don't add the other on top of it though and you'll be fine

ok thanks bud

i have read a thing about a fresh water dip to kill parisites off would that also help

Can be stressful, though effective...chevrons are very sensitive fish and may be best not to risk it...
would mean bringing fresh water up to a temp and ph equal to the water in the tank and simply dunking it in..usually a last minute case and as these tangs are so delicate it could be risky..
Wouldn't worry too much about an increase in the spots as it will increase until the parasite peaks before they disappear...the increase in spots may simply be a sign of this..while it is still eating i wouldn't panic too much as tangs are very prone to whitespot in general and is definately not because of anything you have done...

ok thanks bud

i am away to bed now i will give you an update in the morning thanks again

hi dad and every one else

treat the tank with odinex and turn the uv off like i said there is more treatments up the stairs on the the bedside table in the spair room

hows the tanks looking today the reef will be fine hooked up the nitrate reactor so dont touch

if the chevron tang dosnt make it dont BUY another one just try your best with the treatment

also there is salted ro water in the garage next to the live rock butts can you change the rock into the new butt before you go the water is made up already the bulb in the 4x2x2 will probably go so just leave that untill you get back

and yes we are having a fantastic time the weather could be better but it beets sunny scotland

Dad your paying my electristy bill this month if your staying in my house :lol:

thanks for helping my dad, buddy and tina

regards scott

Scott, youve had enough to worry about.

Did not want your dad panicking, or you coming to problems like last time.

Glad you are having a good rest out there, beats the endless rain we have been having.

Still thinking of you and your wife

Take care

Tina
X

Scott, youve had enough to worry about.

Did not want your dad panicking, or you coming to problems like last time.

Glad you are having a good rest out there, beats the endless rain we have been having.

Still thinking of you and your wife

Take care

Tina
X
hi

yeh it has taken our mind off stuff shes having a sleep so just thought i would come on and see how everyone was doing
yeh i can trust my dad to look after it he always watches it and he nows how to test but he keeps tropicals so i will get him to start a journal in the tropical side unless if your want a 10x3x3 in our house

DAD-Can you upload some pics of that tank please the camera is in the kitchen drawer and can you dose some calcium into the frag tank please

thanks

regards scott

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back