The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Pointy_kitty

i eat buttons
Reaction score
if you have been following my posts,

you'll know that i've had some bad luck lately
welll my tanks have been balanced and thriving for so long that i guess i was due for some tradgedy

first there was the crowntail betta with fungus that the store wouldn't let me buy/save, which ended up suffering and dieing :-(

then my beloved platy daisy died of old age :byebye:

NOW,
in another tank for no apparent reason, my smaller paler khuli loach died :crazy: :/
i checked the water perimeters and there was only slight nitrate
and everything else was perfect!
there was no aggression towards him that i saw whatsoever :no:
i just recently added 4 fish to that tank (within a few weeks) and i was bound to get a sick one :-( :-( :-(

This is by far the worst thing about keeping fish
they are so much flimsier then animals :rip:

Pointy_kitty said:
Hard luck about the rotten series of event you have gone through but you have also seen the good side so you know things are not always so bad. It seems that fish today are much less robust than even just a few years ago. Must be breeding strategies and standards are starting to drop in order to either meet demand or make more profit...you pick.

Once again hope everything gets better soon for you :)

tstenback said:
Pointy_kitty said:
Hard luck about the rotten series of event you have gone through but you have also seen the good side so you know things are not always so bad. It seems that fish today are much less robust than even just a few years ago. Must be breeding strategies and standards are starting to drop in order to either meet demand or make more profit...you pick.

Once again hope everything gets better soon for you :)
thanx for your support
:-(

just an updat ei am starting to suspect murder from my female krib :angry:
she is a big meany, although i have never seen her turn on the khuli's
i am in the middle of giving her back to the lady

ur luck it was 3, i had 5 die on me 4 no reson at all. and it was in 2 days. i totally agree that they r flimisier then animals, im sorry 4 ur loss', i know how u feel 2 lose a favorite fish.

I feel your pain. I'm losing about a tetra a day and I can't figure out why. All the params in the water look good even nitrate is like 10ppm. I can't figure out why they're dieing.

so sorry about your fish to, wrs and sky :fish:
i always feel like i'm this horrible fish keeper when my fish die, dispite the fact that i am not alone

dont feel like that, the betta and the platy couldnt possibly have been your fault, and it doesn't sound like the others were eaither....i hope you have some better luck soon :fish:

I sooooo know how you feel........all is going swimmingly well for such a long period of time and then........disaster-the fish are doing it on purpose(not really-but it sometimes feels like they are)....they are dying in front of you for no reason whatsoever.....I really hope that your fish get back to happiness soon. :) Every so often though...you kinda feel"why do I bother?"

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back