Im Ready To Set My Co2 Up Please Guide Me Though It

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Update, ok yesterday I ran it for about 3/4 hours before the lights went off
And added the ferts, I checked the drop checked every few hours and a couple of times thought
The night and this morning and it's still blue
I will put the new Defuser on later tonight and monitor it over the weekend

The atomisers are great as you can monitor where the bubbles are going. They do need a higher Bar to work though...

Hi i have over the last few days just left it a 1bps but its still a blue colour as im getting the clear co2 tube tomorrow so i can use the
atomiser bo i have to up the Bar on the regulators to 2 bar for the atomiser to work ?

cheers

yes, the Bar needs to be @ 2-2.5 ideally. Remember to adjust it whilst it's working and do it very slowly.

do it with the atomiser on, make sure all your seals (on the bubble counter) are secure, cos the atomiser can hold some pressure.

do it with the atomiser on, make sure all your seals (on the bubble counter) are secure, cos the atomiser can hold some pressure.
no probs my bubble counter and check valve have nuts to hold the tube on

thats good, let us know how you get on. :good:

Hi all fitted now and running just over 2bar, after about 2hrs @ 60bpm we hit green

867b429f.jpg

And here is a short video of how it looks now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rh3Wd5Whos&context=C4d752ceADvjVQa1PpcFMZqadMFrLarSqzOSJV7yR29-9sEeA8WW8=

I will monitor it over the next few days to see how it goes.. :good:

all's looking good there mate!

can you get the diffuser any closer to the flow as you're losing a small amount from the top.

all's looking good there mate!

can you get the diffuser any closer to the flow as you're losing a small amount from the top.
I can move it any where, does it need to go back so it's under the flow ? And how deep in the water should it be ?

Says 60cm above on packet what ever that means

It can go anywhere, I have mine under a power head at the moment, but it does need to be in place where flow is best. The drop check needs to be moved around once you get going as well, just to ensure you have good diffusion. Personally I like to keep the diffuser at the bottom of my tanks as this works for me.

Ok thanks the drop checker is still green is that good ?
I'm looking for a power head to increase the flow, I will move it tonight and when I get a power head I can put them together

The dc is so hard to see though, so I have it at the front will move it around or get another

When I arrived home I found the Co2 was slower than last night and it had been running for 1hour and bobble counter was not saying 60bpm

How long should it take to build up the pressure for it to work correctly

I've adjusted it back to 60bpm
What's the best way to test for leaks

Cheers

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back